My Cooper S just died!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Julz
    BDM, how did you guess? As for the Mitsi dealers, they've been excellent and they've already been on the phone asking what mods I'd like done!!

Cooper_si
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

BDM, how did you guess? As for the Mitsi dealers, they've been excellent and they've already been on the phone asking what mods I'd like done!!
    you dont know how jealous i am :I

Adam MCS
    I dont think there was any other damage, there was a fair bit of oil spurted out just after it happened but I checked and there was no leak. I hope anyway! I'll soon see if there is any other damage I suppose when I drive it home from Dastek tomorrow!!!

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by Adam MCS

I dont think there was any other damage, there was a fair bit of oil spurted out just after it happened but I checked and there was no leak. I hope anyway! I'll soon see if there is any other damage I suppose when I drive it home from Dastek tomorrow!!!
    I hope everything gets back to normal as soon as possible :)

Adam MCS
    Eh, I may have spoke too soon. Dastek phoned and said they had found a leak in the belt tensioner (??) so they've ordered a new part from mini which won't be in till saturday! Its going to be another sad week without my mini! Paul at Dastek thinks the problem may be a mini fault father than theirs. And seeing as I couldn't tell a belt tensioner from a camel, I have no idea? What does everyone think?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    If it's the idler tensioner then it's a well known fault for Mini's that have had the super charger pulley changed.
    BBR replace it with a cosworth item as they said the standard one was next to useless
    Now you face the problem of confirming to MINI that their part caused the fault :disapprove:

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

If it's the idler tensioner then it's a well known fault for Mini's that have had the super charger pulley changed.
    BBR replace it with a cosworth item as they said the standard one was next to useless
    Now you face the problem of confirming to MINI that their part caused the fault :disapprove:
    It would be nice to think that Dastek will replace these parts for Adam, OEM failure or not, as part of their (presumably live) ongoing research and development of the conversions they offer. BBR's experience tells them to replace this part in the conversion process, I would like to think Dastek will simply put this down to experience and move on - without penalty to the customer.

It's a tricky one though, because I know Dastek's own demo car has had the full conversion (with new front mounted intercooler) and has been driven to the limit regularly since conversion nearly a year ago, with no apparent problems.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Its is a common problem as I said when i texted you - if you do a search on Mini2 you should find a post (think it was from Max) saying that it failed after a conversion and BMW had replaced it.

If Dastek dont offer a suitable replacment order one from the site I sent you previously for the limit stop and get Dastek to install it.

Ill be back on Monday - but if you need to talk to me about it I have my mobile with me.

Cooper_si
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

...BBR replace it with a cosworth item...
    Dooooo they now. Gonna have to look into that As i have the complete listing for Cosworth MINI parts and i dont have a listing for such a part...hmmmmm

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Cooper_si
    Dooooo they now. Gonna have to look into that As i have the complete listing for Cosworth MINI parts and i dont have a listing for such a part...hmmmmm
    Yep, it's listed on this page