My Cooper S just died!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Ouch! Sore one mate. Sorry to hear about it.

Sorry To hear about that.. Let us know how you get on..

Bus for you to work today??

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by minime

Possibly not.......They would have to prove that what ever failed was caused by the dastek upgrade, so i wouldn't rule it out :).............
    :blackeye:
    Depends on your dealer! If you use a certain dealer in the Dundee area, they will blame anything, including a leaky skoosher bottle, on a non-BMW conversion! Trust me, I have the scars from the organ transplants to prove it!:mad::disapprove:

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Adam

Any news on the car yet:question:

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by Julz
    Depends on your dealer! If you use a certain dealer in the Dundee area, they will blame anything, including a leaky skoosher bottle, on a non-BMW conversion! Trust me, I have the scars from the organ transplants to prove it!:mad::disapprove:
    Julz next time they refuse to do work under warranty ask them to put it in writing, I'm not sure but what they have been doing could be taken as anti-competitive. They might cave in if you ask them to put their rejection in writing.

I'm NOT sure on this though!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Wouldn't they have to prove that it was the conversion that damaged the skoosher bottle? If they can't then they aint got no leg to stand on...man. :)

The Dogfather
    And if they just suddenly started saying they won't honour any warranty claims if you altered your car away from standard, regardless of whether there is a connection to the part that failed, they would be reducing the potential market for non manufacturer tuning parts.

Thus, effectively creating a monopoly for approved tuners such as John Cooper.

For example, my car has been converted to LPG and if the catalyst fails then I wouldn't expect BMW to cover it, however if the power steering fails then I would expect them to pay out!

Get any objection/refusal in writing and challenge it.

Adam MCS
    Right, heard from Dastek last night. The belt on the pulley slipped off and snapped so they have ordered another (better) one and should be fitting that today. My car should be ready for collection on Thursday!!! Hopefully I won't have any more trouble...for Dastek's sake!

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Julz next time they refuse to do work under warranty ask them to put it in writing, I'm not sure but what they have been doing could be taken as anti-competitive. They might cave in if you ask them to put their rejection in writing.
    I went to Mini Customer Services who had requested that the dealers after sales manager contact me, after been asked twice, he's still no done it! Not going back to that dealers anyway, plus I'm basically miniless!! Fife Mitsubishi, what a fab dealer!

The Dogfather
    Adam - Has the belt failure caused any other damage?

Julz - Would the dealership in quesion be JCs by any chance? BTW good luck with the EVO, its an amazing car and it looks like the dealers are better than the some of BMW muppets (Menzies excluded Roaster ) that we have to put up with.