My Cooper S just died!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Adam MCS
    So imagine this, you're driving your newly coverted 210bhp dastek cooper s along a dual carriageway when all of a sudden there's a bit of a crazy sound and lights I never knew existed were flashing in my face. Good times. No power, No brakes, No power steering, smoke, dodgy noises...what more could you ask? So after a fair bit of me pretending I knew what was wrong, my more mechanically minded friend told me he thinks the supercharger pulley has exploded or something , taking with it the fan belt etc etc. Thankfully towed it back to my house, so Dastek will be getting a slightly heated call in the morning asking them to promptly fix it

Anyone else had similar problems? Am I going to have to sell my kidney if Dastek don't sort it so I can afford to fix it?

c_me_swim
    I had a supercharger belt snap on me which lost me brakes, power stearing, the lot but only for a while. Lucky i have the GTT limit stop thing or my car could of ended up like yours. Started the car up and was able to drive it the short run home to change the belt. Could not drive it far as the water pump was not being driven because of the belt snap.

Sorry to here that it has happened to your car and i would think that dastek should fix it at no cost.

N12 JLK
    sad to here that:(:( , was your car in with it warranty with BMW, i know that only the works kit carrys a full warranty:sleepy::disapprove:

this is awful:(:( so what happens next will it be BMW. I would be gutted:( can't imagine how your feeling
    Cooper Coupe...

Adam MCS
    No I won't be putting it to BMW costhey'll say it was to do with the dastek. Its getting picked up on monday tho by dastek i think and they're going to sort it or there is going to be some shouting! Hopefully it won't take too long to fix!!!

Adam, make sure you give em hell - like I desribed to you on text. They have obviously stuffed up in one of the ways I described. Also well worth getting the limit stop I sent you - I am sure Dastek dont change this and the standard item is little more than useless.

If Dastek leave you in the lurch - which I am fairly sure they wont - let me know, we will get it sorted without the need for sale of kidneys, first born children etc

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Really sorry to hear about your problems Adam.:mad: Hope Dastek sort it out for you.

We've had the Dastek Stage One conversion on our car since May, we've done about 4,500 miles since install and so far we've had no problems - touch wood (AndyP slaps hand off forehead).

We're keen to know how you get on with Dastek, what the fault turns out to be and what Dastek do to fix it.

I'll send you an email with my mobile number, feel free to give me a shout any time.

AndyP

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by Adam MCS

No I won't be putting it to BMW costhey'll say it was to do with the dastek.
    Possibly not.......They would have to prove that what ever failed was caused by the dastek upgrade, so i wouldn't rule it out :).............

hear's p45 comming far in the distance :blackeye:

Adam, Minime is right - but I think in this case, as we discussed yesterday , this is an issue with Dastek. Let me know how you get on

Adam MCS
    Yeah I'll keep you all posted, I think Dastek know it's probably their fault otherwise I don't think they would be arranging a recovery when I live 100 miles away from them!! I'll know more next week though.