Boot Opening Button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Smitty
    When my dad picked up the mini he got told that in order to use the button on the remote keyring to unlock the boot he would have to register it with BMW. When i pressed the button it unlocked no problem!

whats the deal with this then? was he being told complete lies by the garage?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    It's an option to programme the key to do that, it could be changed to lower the windows and open the sunroof if it has one :)
    The dealer probably didn't know it was programmed :I

Wul
    If I were you guys i'd get it switched over to the window opening option - the boot function is useless as the lid is still shut so you need to put whatever you are carrying down to lift the boot lid anyway:clown: Whereas the window open function is a god send on a hot sunny day!

euan
    The window opening also helps you get into the car at times when some idiot has parked a tad too close.

Wul
    Surely then it's easier to climb in the boot Euan! :I:clown:

Smitty
    can it be set to turn on sidelights? tht could b quite nifty cuz my dads cars got that feature

Wul
    Sadly not smitty - the neareset thing is the light delay function - after switching the ignition off and removing the keys....pull the high beam on and the headlights will stay on for 30seconds....doesn't activate from the remote i'm afraid :(

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Sadly not smitty - the neareset thing is the light delay function - after switching the ignition off and removing the keys....pull the high beam on and the headlights will stay on for 30seconds....doesn't activate from the remote i'm afraid :(
    That's not the way mine worked.. have they changed it? - Is it still called the 'Follow me home' lights?
    When you have the lights on (dipped headlight) and you turn the ignition off before turning the lights off, they stay on for something like 30-45 Seconds...
    does it work both ways?

Sponsor
    Boot opening function depends on which key you have - the newer ones have 3 buttons - open, lock (the wings), and boot unlock.

Just don't use the boot unlock button and leave your keys in the car - it automatically locks the boot again after a certain amount of time!!!! (And doesn't unlock any other doors.)

euan
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Surely then it's easier to climb in the boot Euan! :I:clown:
    Not in the coupe I have now