Birth of a New Mini !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Moorf
    Hi Everyone

Hubby and I are soon to be the proud owner of a Mini Cooper - we can't wait and the next 5 weeks will seem looooong! It's being delivered mid to end April!!!

I took a bit of convincing but once I'd had a test drive I was smitten! We have laboured over the spec for a week and I think it'll look really classy - just need a name now!!! It's Brit. Racing Green with silver viper stripes offset and narrower on the passengers side

Thought I'd drop in and say hi - hope to be able to go on the Icecream Run (which our dealer told us about (Grassicks in Perth))and meet you guys.

Byeee for now,
    Moorf

Monsta Mo Mini
    Welcome to our wee community. Hope you come back here often and get involved in the runs and social gatherings one you are with MINI. Feel free to come along anyway!

Linda M
    Welcome, we are husband and wife too My husband has an IB Cooper with silver viper stripes. You can take a look at:
    www.minibuzz.com
    We've all been through the waiting game but it's well worth it
    Look forward to meeting you both one day.

Moorf
    Gr8 site Linda! Cute....

I have to admit to not being particularly interested in cars before strapping myself into the Cooper but I can honestly say that it's the first car I've driven and smiled, smiled, smiled! I do believe it will take years off me and fill up the social diary somewhat! I think we'll probably have to end up getting one each too - I can see the "I want to drive" arguements brewing :blackeye:

Can't wait to ditch the Saab!

Moorf

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hi Moorf, welcome to hell, be prepared for spending hours thumping away at the keyboard and typing non sensical replies to posts.
    Your viper stripes sound interesting and will be worth a look when you get your car.

Hope to see you on the many runs that are organised, don't be scared to organise one yourself.

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    Have to agree, the viper stripes do sound interesting and different.
    Also be prepared to become MINI obsessed
    Poor Bonnie Scotland is 'that' obsessed that the little men in white coats only let him out once in a while

minidriver#1
    these viper stripes, are they the ones that go over the roof and down the back too? i've seen a mini on mini2.com like that and was well impressed.

Linda M
    Willie's go right over the roof and down the back spoiler KJ. It's probably his you've seen on MINI2. I think he's got front and back pics on our website.

Moorf
    Hi again!

Yes we're pleased with the viper stripes - I found this pic which shows how it will look except ours will be Brit Racing Green with silver stripes. It's on Mini2.com http://www.mini2.com/gallery/MINI%20One/meeting-038.jpg We saw it on one of our fav cars the Dodge when in the States

Shame we couldn't get the beige leather interior but if we did we would have had to had given up the sports seats. :(

Well, back to the hand-wringing and mini spotting - am I obsessed yet? I think I'm showing symptoms!!

Laters
    Moorf

Julz
    Very smart, and very unusual! You won't be like us electric blue people cause we've all got the white bonnet stripes! I saw someone had beaten me to it by colour coding their eb cs! I didn't like the blue roof and mirrors though!:I