JCW Sound Kit - The Review

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Now with Pictures as the sun has come out for a wee while.

Car
    quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Seems ALOT of money for very little, apart from the confidence that it is JC Kit.

I will opt for the cheaper verson....my MTH remap in Oct. Playmini exhaust and Typhoon K&N kit.

Its like you are just paying for the badge on ur boot. (which i wouldnt mind myself)
    I think as crombers has pointed out, if you trade into a MINI dealer, they like the car to be back to standard, so if you don't sell your car privately, you have to get it all taken back off, sell it on, or put it back on your new car. I had to do this with my last car, sold on most of the parts no bother but less than half the price of them new and they were only a few months old....:(

It's not too bad if you know someone with a ramp and they do it for hee haw, but it can get quite expensive paying for mechanics to do this all for you...

Oh and it is all about the badges.....:approve::approve::approve:

T6 KFR
    Point taken mate....I suppose the badges make it better!!

Engine bay looks really smart.

Sponsor
    Whimper !!!!!!

I just KNOW as soon as I hear this, that I'm going to want one...........
    I wanted one when I got Smurfy2, but just couldn't spend any more, and they weren't available then..........

Must compare with Smurfy's induction kit (and any Menzies people reading this didn't see that bit, OK?)

Mini Me
    am tellin

Car
    quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Whimper !!!!!!

I just KNOW as soon as I hear this, that I'm going to want one...........
    I wanted one when I got Smurfy2, but just couldn't spend any more, and they weren't available then..........

Must compare with Smurfy's induction kit (and any Menzies people reading this didn't see that bit, OK?)
    I have a funny feeling that your order will be in shortly after you hear it, plus the driving experience (IMHO) is much much better.. Just sell Archie on Ebay:blackeye::approve:

lightbody
    Looks great Craig! I'm quite jealous, and would probably do this if I had *ANY* cash for this sort of thing just now.

The bit that concerned me about the sound kit, though, is that they connect the induction box to the bulkhead to let the noise into the interior of the car - your comments have reassured me that it isn't noisy ALL the time, but I still didn't like the idea of this. Can you comment about this? (My info I think came from a thorough reading of the MINI USA website which goes into it in some details).

Have you had an induction kit fitted previously? How does it compare?

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Looks great Craig! I'm quite jealous, and would probably do this if I had *ANY* cash for this sort of thing just now.
    Have you had an induction kit fitted previously? How does it compare?
    Did you know that your friendly MINI dealer can arrange finance on the kit for you

lightbody
    quoteid you know that your friendly MINI dealer can arrange finance on the kit for you
    Oh really!? I'll maybe enquire at Henry Bros about it when he's in for his first service... thanks for the tip!

BlackEye
    Hi Craig

I'm really interested..... how much has the insurance gone up?