Bloody car (again!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Julz
    Why oh why oh why did BMW think it a wise idea that when you spend £1400 on sat nav, you lose your engine temperature gauge!! One tiny ickle hole in a pipe results in quite a fair bit of steam I can tell you!!:mad: How did I know the engine was getting cosy and was running ever so slightly low on coolant?? The nice cloud of steam coming out from under the wheel arch that was only noticeable when I actually stopped the car!! I give up!!:mad: Is this car on self destruct just cause the warranty ran out 2 weeks ago?? I would say rant over, but I know I'm going to spend the day stomping round the office!:sleepy:

I Want A Works
    Count to 10 Julz, very slowly, while thinking about jumping up and down on the head of the guy at BMW who thought that!!!!

When u mentioned wheel arch could't help but think back to the day when my mate said he is brakes felt a bit soft. He asked me to look the the front brakes for him. He then preceeded to press the brake pedal, and I narrowly missed a mouth full of brake fluid that squirted out the hole in the pipe! :dead:
    And now i think about it his, or rather his parents car, was only like a month or so out of warranty aswell!

Julz
    Funny that, when I originally saw the steam I actually thought it was smoke from my brakes!:dead:

Oh Dear Julz..
    Not having a God Time of it Right now are you..

So when is the Body kit Comming off??

Back to Original.. Then whats teh plans?? keeping it Or Another one?? 2005 Model year?

:( - is the car back on ebay :question:

Julz
    The car is back up for sale 'as is' and it's going for ridiculously low amounts of money so the Evo should hopefully be in our garage within the next month (no promises though!):sleepy::clown:

Cooper_si
    ..sorry to hear about your woes Julz...i never thought about the water temp gauge until you just mentioned it. You have a fair point :(

Yeah its very annoying and a definite design flaw - one that Julz has fallen foul of before.

Thanks to Julz I now have a water temp gauge in my car

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    We are probably going to fit the gauge kit which sits underneath the central console behind the down-pipes. At a cost of £250 odd. But you're right, a temperature gauge is essential in any car and they should have found room for it somehow, somewhere.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

We are probably going to fit the gauge kit which sits underneath the central console behind the down-pipes.
    Does the kit have a water temp gauge yet? As far as I was aware the gauges were for oil temp and battery that's why I bought after market ones (obviously never fitted in my car, but looking rather nice in MS's!!)