Supagard.....What To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    No one posted in here for a while, so, the M3 came supplied with the Supagard treatment, seemingly a very expensive extra, not paid for or even requested by me
    Also in the boot came a rather big bag of goodies, already in the garage, so, the question is, what is me julie :I meant to do, i'm not keen on anything non meguiars, so, please explain how [s]we[/s] me julie can keep the car gleaming 8)

The Dogfather
    Easy, only too happy to help. If you give the car to me on a Friday I'll make sure I return the car clean on Sunday Evening

Wul
    Sounds like a fair deal BDM

Alan - havnae a clue about supaguard aftercare products - however as the supposed £200+ system sells for £20 on EBAY I'd be really surprised if it's worth the effort to be honest.

All the valeters on the Megs UK forum say it's crap and that you should bin it and go for the Megs products.

Perhaps a relevant question for Mr Brown?

N12 JLK
    meguires tech wax goes on superb over the supaguard,have done this many-at-time now on my cooper as its superguarded also the little yellow bottle of aftercare cream is absolute cr*#! takes for ever to get off and leaves clouds even though you use it sparingly.
    do think that the supagaurd is good to have ,keeps my chilli red looking new:)

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I'd imagine Mr. Brown, (representative of NMS corporate sponsors Menzies BMW in Stirling, the one stop shop for all your MINI needs) will tell you that supaguard is the business, however, I've heard the same kind of reports Wul has. Apparently Supaguard aint up to much. It's propbably the tech wax keeping your car looking new more than the supaguard lesley. :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    So, it'll be coming off then back to Megs it is, me julie's gonna be so chuffed

How do you take Supagard off.:question:
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
    How do you take Supagard off.:question:
    I'm guessing that a soapy bucket of fairy liquid will do the trick, but may need assistamce with a megs product of some kind say a clay bar, then the full treatment that can be found detailed elsewhere in this forum

Wul
    Don't think fairy will do it this time - supaguard is a polymer sealant - not a wax - fairy works by "degreasing" the wax off your car in the same way it does your dinner plates!!

Alan - if the paint doesn't need clayed or cleansed/scrubbed and is in good nick, i'd go straight to a coat of NXT as it will layer over the supaguard.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Wul
    I'd go straight to a coat of NXT as it will layer over the supaguard.
    I'll pass on the good news to me julie, i might even help her if it's a nice day