A bit late...

Got my JCW remapped by EssentialMini a few weeks ago, but I've been busy with stuff, and waiting for the magic 500 miles to go past before posting. I'm aware I'm not the first to post their impressions on here, but here goes anyway...

First Impressions
    The car pulls cleaner from low revs, throttle response better, a definite improvement over standard.

After 500 miles
    Seems to be a mostly torque based difference, which is what you want really, how often do you rev to 7000? (The power/torque band can be changed to suit you, also the ECU 'learns' your driving style, so it must have decided I needed more torque )

There is more pace everywhere, and I find myself using 3rd now instead of 2nd. It does pull harder at the top end, but I notice the difference more low down. And it does change over the 500 miles, noticed a change half way through the 2nd tank of Optimax, I did as instructed and caned it for 2 tanks worth

It feels a bit like a lighter flywheel, in that it revs quicker, but seems to drop the revs quicker, not hugely noticeably though, again this can be changed to suit.

Other points
    Not noticed a change in fuel consumption, but since I'm probably driving it harder its probably a wee bitty better.

ASC, when it cuts in (and it will), is less 'violent' when it does, in that it tries to feed the power in sooner. Before, I've been sitting in 1st with the foot to the bulkhead, and it would wait a whole second or so before giving me power. Now it feeds it in much quicker.

In short, there's no excuse not to get this!

Thanks
    First of all to Simon at EssentialMini, very quick and friendly service, top marks all round.

And especially to Martin Sullivan, for using his own free time to download and upload the files to my car, cheers mate :)
    And for giving me a run in his car, oh my god.....

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

LOL Absolutely no probs whatsoever , glad its been a success hope to see your car again soon and maybe you can take me for a spin in yours

sounds Good.. mmmmmm I'll speak to teh bank and see what they say..

How Much is this For a cooper again??

List of wants always exceedes the Bank ballance.. Why is that....??

Cheers Brizee

Cooper_si
    Great review...thank you

Brizee, get your name down for the CST/MTH party that we are trying to get scheduled for the 29th of October - at the moment the price is 180 quid (30 quid saving over the list price) at the party - but if we get more interest Si might be able to get the price down some more