Lights

3GGG
    <rant>
    Time 8:15pm, location Dalgety Bay, dusk....

Big 4 wheel drive tank behind me with fog lights on (as well as dipped headlights), about level with my head and totally blinding.

I flashed my rear fogs a couple of times, no response. OK - maybe thought I was braking, put on rear fogs for 30 seconds - response he (or she as I couldn't see for the glare) now flashes the full beam at me - I give up.:mad:

Then further along a quiet country road I become aware of some flashing amber lights - 2 kids on bicycles, no lights at front or rear.

Does nobody own or read a copy of the Highway code these days?
    Fog lights are for fog not for driving around town.:mad:
    Bicycles should display lights front and rear after dark.

<rant over>

Feel a bit better now:)

Julz
    But did you not know that driving with fog lights on is cool!!!:evil: One of my biggest pet hates too I must admit, that and people who do 40mph EVERYWHERE!!!:mad:

i HATE it when folks put their rear fogs light on when it's raining that is so annoying:mad::mad::mad:
    Cooper Coupe...

The Dogfather
    I heard someone at work say they got a ticket for having them on, not sure whether it was a fixed penalty though.

There's only one thing I hate more and thats people who drive in fog without lights on or with just parking lights on, now they should be done for dangerous driving!!!!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    It's also my most annoying thing, but, i've learned to carefully slow down and allow them to pass so that they can cause an accident with someone else 8)

3GGG
    Good advice Bonnie, I was glad when the offender turned off at a roundabout I can tell you.
    I think sometimes fogs (front or rear) are left on, or turned on by mistake and that is fair enough, just wish there was a universal signal that could be given to warn the driver, though you would think that a flash of the lights might make them think ...
    Same applies to folks with no lights or parking lights in fog, I agree bad dog.

Moonshine
    I'll put my rear fogs on in these moonsoonal downpours that we,ve been having recently - you know the the ones that mean that you can't see the car in front. I think the highway code allows their use when visibility is reduced to below 100m, so it is only really pertinant on the motorway.

Gerry

Moonshine
    Oh, and they go off as soon as the spray has died down!!!!

Gerry

Wannabe F1 test pilot Neil and Lorna's Avatar
    I only use rear fog lights when the fog is so bad you have to slow right down to a slow speed to be able to stop in your range of sight.

As soon as a car behind has slowed down as well I turn them off so he / she can see my brake lights quicker.

Remember its not being able to see that causes accidents its simply running out of space.

Neil
    Neil Lorna

MINI Countryman Cooper S All 4

Cooper_si
    I remember once a car driving through tamworth, she had no lights on at all...its 11pm!! me and my friend pulled along side in the carriage way and tried to get her to turn them on. She just looked at us gone out and stuck her two fingers up at us.

i agree about bike lights...there were two girls (sisters) killed a few years back here because they had no lights riding down a country lane late at night...something really needs to be done to combat this