Cooper returns good MPG shocker!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lightbody
    Drove to Prestwick and back this morning and, after the fatal crash on that road earlier this week decided to take it very easy and cruise along in the inside lane.

I got 51 mpg on the trip computer for the journey - travelling between 50 and 60mph. Thats pretty good! I'm chuffed. This has definitely improved as the car has got more miles on it (currently 16K).

scott shand
    thats not fair i live out in the sticks and will burn a tank of fuel in 200-250 miles

Linda M
    Just completed a 540 mile round trip today in Daisy and she returned 40.3mpg travelling at an average speed of 60-70mph. I was quite chuffed with that
    Oh and by the way NO other MINI drivers waved or flashed their lights so Daisy is now in the huff :disapprove:

duncan
    540?! Wow, the best i can remember is 350 in mine. Does the S have a larger tank than a One?!?

Sponsor & Jakey
    Don't look so shocked Satelite Linda's 540 mile trip did include a stop for a re-fill :)
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

lightbody
    40mpg at 60-70 sounds identical to mine at that speed! Hmm... damn... this is NOT what i need to hear! This means I COULD get an S...

lightbody
    I've had 435 miles out of a tank... that was my record and was all motorway.

Linda M
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

40mpg at 60-70 sounds identical to mine at that speed! Hmm... damn... this is NOT what i need to hear! This means I COULD get an S...
    Good eh

Resident old yin.
    What are you S owners getting in day to day driving. The stories of about 25mpg average really put me off buying one after my ONE.

I average about 33-35mpg in the ONE with a mix of town/motorway and back roads.

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Don't look so shocked Satelite Linda's 540 mile trip did include a stop for a re-fill :)
    Doh!:I
    (Note to self - engage brain before typing)