Petrol Prices

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    lightbody
    I'm in the luxurious position of only having to drive at the weekend for fun but when i was co-running a small business 2 years ago the fuel prices were already causing havoc.

90.9 at my local Morrisons and I think thats the cheapest around here (Glasgow West End).

One good thing though - its going to make people all over the world think about fuel economy and even the airlines, which still amazingly pay no fuel tax at all, will have to see about making their planes more efficient... it also may end the ludicrous situation where its cheaper to fly to London than to take the (greener) train...

hogg88
    quote:Only use Shell so don't check for low prices
    I try to as well, as i find i get better performance and economy with optimax. BP's equivelent is very good as well.

colink
    Had a nightmare trying to find Optimax/super unleaded on our recent tour of the West Coast. Ended up resorting to regular unleaded before discovering that the Esso in Broadford on skye has super and I hadn't seen it. Doh!

Defo run better on Super tho. Just a shame its sooo darned expensive. :(

duncan
    Actually Super Unleaded isnt that much more expensive than it was in the mid 90's when it was at least 10p per litre more then normal.

To be honest, Fuel prices may be a lot higher, but other costs arent rising, infact some sectors prices are lowering, so although it may cost you more to get to the shops, It costs you less when you get there!

colink
    Good point Duncan, although I wish my wife could find the cheaper products when she gets to the shops

Fontal
    Fuel prices 95 ron unleaded cheapest 96.4p a ltr dearest 102.8p a ltr and both garages are in Lerwick Shetland

markyc
    Still can't beat Cumbernauld Tesco Express - 95.9 when i was in on Sunday

Why is it so cheap there, is there something we don't know :question::question:

Over to you Lesley12 :)

I Want A Works
    I know not quite the same, but as I own a diesel..........

92.9 ASDA Porhlethen
    96.9 Tesco Inverness
    95.9 Skaich Services A9
    99.9 THURSO

7.1% difference between Thurso and Aberdeen

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by colink

Good point Duncan
    <blinks> EH? It is not it's a crap point! So because other things aren't increasing in price or are getting cheaper then it's ok for you to get ripped off on petrol? I never knew the cost of petrol was conrolled by the cost of Morrison's tinned tuna! I hope they don't have a 3 for 2 promotion anytime soon or petrol will go up to £1.50.

Also since shopping trips only make up about 3% of my car use I hope my work will drop the cost of a king size twix in the vending machines otherwise I'm still being ripped off. As for the visits to my parents, well they better start coughing up some cash for my visits or they're just going to get an email every 2 weeks!

By the way...99.9p for BP Ultimate this morning! Hence the above rant. :)

GAJ
    Colin, thats pish man! Duncan's point is totally valid. Just cos something goes up in price does not mean that you are being ripped off. There are lots of reasons that have pushed up the price of petrol but ripping off big col isn't one of the major ones. I presume you don't really think that the price of petrol is directly linked to the cost of a tin of fish and you are being deliberately obtuse.
    The RPI is falling so Duncan is right, you are wrong so there!