Gloveboxes

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Can any of you out there help me obtain a Glovebox for my MINI Cooper. The standard shelve is useless as whenever I am driving anything on it ejects itself out into the passenger footwell!
    I first saw one in the photos of MiniSports cooper demonstrator so phoned them - they said it was a BMW product. So I phoned my dealer who said it was a factory fit only - I can understand this for a sunroof but the glovebox looks like it would just be a couple of screws to fit. I have been looking for an aftermarket one but no luck despite finding hundreds of different gloveboxes / dashes for the classic mini. Can anyone help:question:

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    www.moss-mini.co.uk do a glove box organiser if thats any good. Its £24.95
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Resident old yin.
    Who is your dealer, they must be useless

There IS an official MINI retro-fit kit available

Check these MINI2 threads:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30560&highlight=glove+box+kit

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37502&highlight=glove+box+kit

Personally I like the shelf

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Oooooooops :I Sorry, I forgot that some of the earlier mini didn't come with a glove box. Mine was included in the Salt pack :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Wul
    Glovebox = place to keep all the crap of the day!

i like the shelf too as it actively encourages me to keep my car tidy

Go-on stick with the shelf! You'll only find yourself trying to open the glovebox and fetch something whilst driving!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I wish our mini had the shelf that was under the steering column on the earlier cars and not that stupid we cubby hole that holds nothing :evil:

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Glovebox = place to keep all the crap of the day!

i like the shelf too as it actively encourages me to keep my car tidy

Go-on stick with the shelf! You'll only find yourself trying to open the glovebox and fetch something whilst driving!
    Yes, only seem a pic of that and thought it looked sh*te

Don't know why it was changed?

My soft CD case fits a treat on the shelf under the steering wheel on the door side.

I had a courtesy car that had the glove box and thought it looked cheap and after market and in horrid hard plastic. It rattled as well - no surprise there though

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The shelf is perfect for a playstation 2

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Thanks for advice - not getting to see Mini2 references - guess I need to register with Mini2.
    My Dealer is Morrison's in Kirkcaldy who have been very good so far - 7500 miles and no problems. My Cooper was built March 03 and Morrisons tell me I would of got a glovebox with the Pepper or Chilli pack (and I guess Salt on the MINI one from Big Gordy's comment) but I preferred to pick my own options (and I don't like the silver interior trim). Wul is right that it makes you keep the car tidy but I worry that some low life will break in to steal my CDs as they are in plain view.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    If you open the boot you can just about cram in 326 CD's, including the cases
    I carry one of those cheap wallet thingies that can hold 48 CD's (without cases) and just leave it in the boot :) same size as 5 CD cases .

Bonnie Scotland