Alloy Pedal Covers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Minime,
    How much are the alloy effect pedal covers for the clutch and brake, and do you have them in stock?

Thanks
    Allen.

Bignorm
    HELLO ALLEN NORMAN HERE THE ONLY PEDALS FOR A MINI LISTED ARE THE STAINLESS STEEL PEDALS THE ONLY COME AS A SET AND THE PRICE IS £84.95 AND THE FOOTREST IS £10.95 INC V.A.T FOR MANUAL CARS ONLY CHEERS

Bignorm
    OH AND NOT IN STOCK A COUPLE OF DAYS TO GET IN THO CHEERS

3GGG
    I'm sure I got the Cooper S slip on alloy effect ones for the clutch and brake pedal much cheaper than that, I also bought a second footrest and adapted that for the throttle pedal, less expensive and nicer than replacing the whole throttle body. Ask at your dealer for the S pedals.

Bignorm
    hey allen iv just double checked the pedals for the cooper s they are rubber with a stainlesssteel insert and are working out dearer is your car a manual or auto

GAJ
    They certainly used to be available seperately.
    The part number for the stainless steel brake and clutch pedals is 35 20 6 758 751 and they are about £8 each I think.
    The foot rest is about £12 I think, part number 51 47 7 066 576.
    The accelerator and fitting plate (the old one brakes when you remove the existing accelerator are part numbers 35 41 6 758 942 (accelerator pedal) and 35 40 0 141 446 (fitting plate) and these will set you back about £50.
    Fifers save a few bob (eh David!) by getting two foot rests and gluing one to the accelerator, which looks pretty good.

Mini Me
    WOW,Gaj know's more than oor parts dept !!!.Why am i not surprised.....

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ
    Fifers save a few bob (eh David!) by getting two foot rests and gluing one to the accelerator, which looks pretty good.
    Quite true GAJ.
    From a post I made to MINI2 ages ago:

Originally by BadEss
    [Cut off the round protrusion on the back of the dead pedal. Flatten it the best you can. Position it on the car pedal (In the car, don't try to get the car pedal out.) to cover the lower curve of the tread. Mark the top. With hand hacksaw blade cut the top of the car pedal (optional) so that it is below the new addition. Get some silicone rubber (clear?) and put on a thick coating on the back of the dead pedal. clamp it to the car pedal over night or longer. ]

I used the same idea as Bad Ess but instead of silicone I used a hot melt glue gun with Bostik multipurpose glue. Roughened up the plastic surfaces with emery cloth first to give a good key. Applied 3 big dabs of hot melt glue at top middle and bottom of the original plastic pedal and quickly put new pedal cover in position and hold there for 15 seconds - job done! :)

[This was my second attempt - first time I used 15 minute metal padding epoxy and clamped it for 30 minutes, undid the clamps and the pedal fell off!] :I

Bignorm
    hey broon < curly > remember where u came from