Mini Car Care

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Have any of you bought the mini car care rucksack with the polish and stuff in it :question: Is it any good :question: I was thinking about buying one. I have always used Auto Glym products on my cars and just wondered if anybody out there had any thoughts/experience on other products worth trying
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Resident old yin.
    I've got it. It's pretty much worth it (£25) for the bag alone.

The products are good though. The wax is exceptionally easy to use and gives a nice finish and doesn't leave white marks on the acres of black plastic trim you get on a MINI.

The wheel cleaner works a treat as well.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Thanks KenL Menzies are putting one aside as we speak. I thought it looked pretty cool myself but just wondered if the stuff in it was any good I go through quite a lot of cleaning stuff as I'm still in two washes a week mode God knows how much car wash I go through It must be gallons :clown:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Resident old yin.
    You don't get car wash in the kit I'm afraid Big G.

Wax, alloy cleaner, stuff for cleaning the inside, a silicone spray type stuff for external plastics, a sponge/scourer for wheel cleaning and a few microscopic polishing cloths.

I'd expect the cleaning bits bought individually would cost more than the whole bag with bits.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    That's all right Ken I buy my carwash in bulk :clown:

Linda M
    You'll like it Gordy :) The rucksack is very good quality and pretty cool I just 'had' to have one :I

I don't think you can beat Auto Glym stuff though.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    What about that Maguire and Zimbo stuff they all rant about on Mini2 :question: although it does sound like very hard work and time consuming to apply :( Is it so much better to warrant the extra time/money :question:

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Polish that does not leave white marks on the black plastic trim! Where can I get this? I am sick of polish (auto glym), back to black, polish, etc
    Cheers

Resident old yin.
    MINI wax from your MINI dealer of course. I think Minty on MINI2 said it was £8 for the wax. Worth it to buy the whole kit. There is a thread on MINI2 that gives the P/N for the kit with s****y bag (£25).

Wul should be able to tell you about Meguiars.

No got a clue what Zimbo is though. Did you mean Zaino, or perhaps Zymol?

Julz
    I'm going to keep promoting this one, but Simoniz Teflon is great, and doesn't leave any marks on trim either! Not a prob for me as of tomorrow cause I'll have no black trim to get the polish on!