Stumble from 1st Gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony
    Just wondering if anyone else has suffered from this.

Pulling out of junctions, accelerating hard, there seems to me a momentary 'stumble' - as ive heard it referred to before.

Is this just me, is it something which could be corrected with software,..or does it affect all Coopers.

Im driving a Courtesy Mini One at the moment, and i havent felt it once,..and im driving the same.

Both cars have ASC+T, and have been switched on, and off, to compare.

Any thoughts?

Monsta Mo Mini
    Can't say I've noticed anything like that before.

GAJ
    I've sometimes noticed that if you try to lift the clutch with the revs a little low. Easily solved with more welly!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Yeah I get a bit of that sometimes if you pull away with the revs a little low...
    Slightly heavier right foot relieves that and increases the grin tho!!!

Fontal
    Ive noticed this on my one but only when its cold.

Resident old yin.
    Have you got the power sapping AC on when this happens?

I had thought the "stumble" was an S thing.

GAJ
    I do! I tend to have it on all the time! And before anyone says it -
    I know A/C is an expensive luxury.
    I know it saps power.
    I know it burns fuel.
    I know you don't need it in Scotland.
    I know it makes you a big saftie and real men just open the windae.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Pffff. Not only a woofter but a know it all woofter...

Wul
    Tony - my coop has had this problem for a year - reported it way back when CD 33 was all the buzz and dunedin told me they had never heard of it before (quelle surprise!) - i thought the stumble was a MCS prob too - but reading the numerous (some quite heated) threads on MINI2 it seems it is across the range.

The symptoms only happen when the car is cold with or withour AC on - upon pulling away - even with plenty revs the car then seems to faulter like the choke or whatever device is not functioning as it should and the car "stumbles" for a few seconds and then takes off. After that it never happens again till the next cold start. It reminds me of driving my two-stroke motorbikes on cold mornings when the choke made a huge flat spot in the power curve.

My car is rapidly appraoching it's 25k service so gonna get it looked at then along with the again squeaking steering wheel! Bloody Mice!

GAJ - i know why you keep the AC on all the time - it's so that when you need a real burst of speed you switch it OFF and floor it like you had NOS on board.......or have i taken that too far?

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

GAJ - i know why you keep the AC on all the time - it's so that when you need a real burst of speed you switch it OFF and floor it like you had NOS on board.......or have i taken that too far?
    rotf :)

I thought it was S related only. Not had any sign of this issue with my coop