Classic car

euan
    While flicking TV channels last night, some programme on classic cars had the guy from megs on. Had a very natty Megs jumper on (one for you to get Wul:)). He was basically saying everything that we know all know by heart!

Was interesting though. He did come out with one of the electric polishers though, which I'm just not convinced by yet. Part of the feeling is that you put the effort into getting the thing sparkly!

Wul
    Euan - the porter cable 7424 random orbital polisher is a wee gem of a machine for applying paint cleaners and removing swirls etc from dark paint. Not really necessary for applying liquid waxes though. <goes off to look for sweatshirt>

euan
    That was the thing, he was applying Gold Class liquid wax onto the polisher. It goes on a treat anyway, so I didn't get why you'd do that. Although he was saying that everyone is now moving to liquid wax, which is true enough!

minidave
    autoglym is better than megs for older paintwork, plus its British not american so you can support UK industry too

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Euan - the porter cable 7424 random orbital polisher is a wee gem of a machine
    Didn't you just sell one of them Wul? :clown:

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by minidave

autoglym is better than megs for older paintwork, plus its British not american so you can support UK industry too
    Hi Dave - i'm interested in your comment re the old paintwork - can you expand as to why? not being a smart@rse i'm genuilnely interested.

As for supporting UK industry - perhaps a little competion will help keep their products competitively priced.

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Didn't you just sell one of them Wul? :clown:
    Yup - next question! :clown:

minidave
    From years of experiance mate! and personal preference, the meguires does'nt give me the same finish on my bug. Plus I like to support UK businesses even if it means paying a bit more! not all scots are tight arsed!

And if its good enough for the queen then its good enough for my motors! They use it at Haynes! for their collection.