3rd new roof in 5 months, 4th in 6, now 5th in 8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mini Me
    my hood is slighty fading on the top corners,but deffo not as bad as letting in water and i can honestly say that it's not a problem i come across.If the dealer have tried all they can,then the man from MINI is the dealers only next step.
    It's definately not an ideal situation, but sit tight:disapprove:(hard i know).:)And let the men in the white coats take over

quote:Originally posted by minime

And let the men in the white coats take over
    I bet its not the first time you have heard that sentence is it Minime :question:

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

bet its not the first time you have heard that sentence is it Minime :question:
    oi !!!:blackeye:....well ,em....no :disapprove:

hogg88
    Cheers Bad Dog & Minime :)
    Men in White cots coming to see car on tuesday !!
    Just hope rain goes off soon !! :( although you can even see wear & frey marks when its raining. :(

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by hogg88

Cheers Bad Dog & Minime :)
    Men in White cots coming to see car on tuesday !!
    Just hope rain goes off soon !! :( although you can even see wear & frey marks when its raining. :(

If it's dry,get them to put the power washer on it ,just where it's fading.....

hogg88
    Getting my 4th New roof in 6 months within the next couple of weeks :disapprove:

Not allowed to say what they're doing differant, but regional technical manager is taking personal responsability for this new roof :)

There is a bottle of champagne for any one who guesses correctly how long this one lasts :clown:

Resident old yin.
    Four roofs, that is takin the p*ss.

I trust you are in for some healthy compensation for all your worry & hassle!

Wul
    That's a nightmare David - I rememeber those days of recurring faults with my first cooper - not fun at all!! :(

hogg88
    Yes, the word "Compensation" has been talked about. But we've already had a difference of opinion on that subject :mad:

Have also just noticed that since this last roof was put on, that i now have the arc scratch on my rear offside window. Which wasn't there before and they don't have a fix for yet :mad:
    My list grows longer but it won't stop my enjoyment of driving with the roof down YET !!!!!

johnny_yen
    I have a red mini one with the black roof and have slight colour fade at the top corners, but doesn't sound as bad as the probs with the blue roof. used the autoglym conv' care kit and it seems to have restored some of the colour, but that was only yesterday, only time will tell. I too tho have noticed a scratch (four parrallel lines) on the nearside rear quarter. unsure how long its been there for but the car is going back into the garage on tues (for the 3rd time!) to have a rattle on the off side fixed. think its coming from the windows rather than the roof. There also seem to be other noises coming from all over, the centre console has developed a creak, and there is something seriously wrong coming from the boot area when i go over even the smallest pebble. is this normal for a convertible, and one that is only 3mths old?