new mini club nights?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    claire
    hiya folks. i would really love to know if there are any new mini clubs that get together for monthly meets. i have been along to a couple of mini club nights but wasn't made to feel very welcome (everyone there had original minis and were slagging mine off!!!!) if anyone knows of any new mini meets please get in touch. i will hopefully catch up with some of you guys at the Arbroath show - looking forward to it! THANKS:)

minidriver#1
    you'll be more than welcome at new mini meets, we bear no grudges :)

The Dogfather
    Claire, it's a sad reflection on the lack of forward thinking of some classic owners that you got some stick for owning a New MINI, but not all classic owners are the same. Quite a few of the inmates on NMS own classics and have good relations with classic mini clubs.

Best just to ignore the crusties and as KJ said you'll be more than welcome at NMS meets look forward to seeing you at Arbroath

Sorry To HEar that still after 4 years of being On the Road that some Old Fudy duddies still hold a grudge..

Never mind..

www.amoc.8k.com your more than welcome to come join Aberdeen mini Owners.. I haven't been for a while But I'll easy come give you all the support cause I am a border classic owner But teh New One Rocks .......

If they want to be pathetic let tehm ut your not the one that has your head under the bonnet every weekend....

Hee hee

Cheers Brian

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Dare I ask which club nights that might be?

Not that I want to avoid them... I think I know... and I'm just curious to see if it's the same old group of dinosaurs that haven't manage to evolve out of their caves yet! :clown:

Don't worry tho, like Brizee says there's plenty of people out there who've managed to take the blinkers off!

Where abouts are you? maybe one could sart up near you!

Sponsor
    I have a feeling I might know who you're talking about too!
    Don't let it put you off the classic mini scene altogether, if it's who I think, they are in a minority, despite what they say.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I have a feeling I might know who you're talking about too!
    snigger...

Don't let 'em put you off! Not everyone's that bad... I've had classics for years before the new one!

Just look at things like the Thistle run to see the flipside!
    And there's even classics on *OUR* runs sometimes! do we go in the huff? nah... the more the merrier!

RichardV
    Yeah I agree with the last post, although I was the only MINI at the campsite the night before the Thistle Run and got a bit of stick for it - Not a REAL mini and its stolen the MINI name etc etc thats the only time I have really been hassled - couldnt make sense of it, my car is awesome!

I dont know I think people who get so uptight about whether a MINI is a mini or not really really really need to get a grip of themselves!!

Thistle Run was great on the whole though - my highlight was the British Leyland 1275 GT with the VTEC Honda engine in it - 195 BHP!!! Crazy!

claire
    awa cheers guys, feel a lot better about the whole thing now. was starting to get a wee bit p****d off! I live in the Dunfermline area, so if anyone fancies meeting up for a "mini" cruise let me know.

nightrider
    Id be very interested to know exactly who this was that was giving you a hard time?

I havent really noticed much of a problem. If you are in Dunfermline then it can only have been either a CMC meeting or a Mini Clan meeting, Ive never been to a CMC meeting, but have been to a couple of Mini Clan meetings and have never noticed a problem.

Which was it??

Smurf, who do you think it is, Id be interested to know as its not my experience