cd head unit / mp3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    my head unit in the car is alpine and it says on the front MP3 how do I connect the MP3 player is the something I can do myself or do I need to take it to a car hifi place.
    Cooper Coupe...

lightbody
    If it says it on the front, it probably simply means it will take a CD-R that has MP3 files on it.

macblob
    Depends on the model of alpine HU. You maybe able to buy the alpine ipod interface for about £70. However if it says mp3 on it im guessing it just means that it can play mp3 cds.
    In other words you can burn a cd full of mp3 and play it in the stereo , so getting a lot more tracks on one cd than you would normally.

macblob
    Writing that reply at the same time rob lol

this trying to drag myself into the 21st century is hard

this is the type of head unit I have alpine cda 9835r and this is the discription.

Play your favourite music, enjoy your custom sound. Connect your iPod player, control it with the amazing GlideTouch feature, and use MediaXpander to enhance the sound. You can tweak the sound even further with the Bass Engine controls—and our online data download service. AmplifierLink is also included for direct amp control and system expansion ease.

This may be a daft question :Iif I by a ipod can I use it with windows:I
    Cooper Coupe...

The Dogfather
    An iPod will work with windows no problem, that's what I've got, again happy to help out if needed

quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

An iPod will work with windows no problem, that's what I've got, again happy to help out if needed
    may take you up in that offer Paul.

if ever your stuck with Excel I'm your man
    Cooper Coupe...

macblob
    If you buy an ipod this is what you would need to connect it to your apline HU.
    It plugs into the cd changer bit of the HU and gives you volume control and track selection etc through the HU from the ipod. These are selling for £70 here.
    Car Audio Direct

Alpine KCA-420i iPodâ„¢ Interface

The Best In-Car Solution for Your iPodâ„¢ - Alpine iPodâ„¢ Interface KCA-420i

So, now you wonder how you could ever live without an iPod? What if there was an even better way of cruising to your favourite tunes? Introducing the KCA-420i, the best in-vehicle interface adapter which allows you to cruise to your iTunesâ„¢! Simply use the KCA-420i to connect your *iPod or iPod mini into a compatible 2004 Alpine Ai-NET head unit, and voilÃ*! Get ready to groove to your iPod in your car.

Not only is it easy to connect, you can also fit the KCA-420i under the dash, in the boot or under the seat for mounting applications. There's no need to worry about the iPod, you can stash it in your glove compartment out of sight and out of mind. Less wires and simple storage keeps your interior clutter-free.

*The KCA-420i is compatible with any iPod and iPod mini with dock connector and iPod Update 2004-04-28. Go to the iTunes site to download the latest iPod software.

The buy your ipod here
    Apple Store

Edit: Reduced link length

quote:Originally posted by macblob

If you buy an ipod this is what you would need to connect it to your apline HU.
    It plugs into the cd changer bit of the HU and gives you volume control and track selection etc through the HU from the ipod. These are selling for £70 here.
    Car Audio Direct

Alpine KCA-420i iPodâ„¢ Interface

The Best In-Car Solution for Your iPodâ„¢ - Alpine iPodâ„¢ Interface KCA-420i

So, now you wonder how you could ever live without an iPod? What if there was an even better way of cruising to your favourite tunes? Introducing the KCA-420i, the best in-vehicle interface adapter which allows you to cruise to your iTunesâ„¢! Simply use the KCA-420i to connect your *iPod or iPod mini into a compatible 2004 Alpine Ai-NET head unit, and voilÃ*! Get ready to groove to your iPod in your car.

Not only is it easy to connect, you can also fit the KCA-420i under the dash, in the boot or under the seat for mounting applications. There's no need to worry about the iPod, you can stash it in your glove compartment out of sight and out of mind. Less wires and simple storage keeps your interior clutter-free.

*The KCA-420i is compatible with any iPod and iPod mini with dock connector and iPod Update 2004-04-28. Go to the iTunes site to download the latest iPod software.

The buy your ipod here
    Apple Store
    sounds like the thing I would want but just not understanding it.

Think I should keep things simple and I can always upgrade at a later date.

so what is the best ipod to buy connecting it via the first method you mentioned.
    Cooper Coupe...

or is there a ipod connector thingy i could buy which means once the ipod is connected to the head unit. you can control the ipod by using the head unit only like selcting the tunes you want to listen to etc,
    Cooper Coupe...