JCW brake upgrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RichardV
    Hiya!

I've been looking into this for a couple of weeks now, the difference between the Standard cooper s brakes and the works brakes was pretty noticable, although apparantly when the brakes are used continually (ie heat up) that is when you'll see the main benefit.

I think it was Scottiecoop mentioned about the Porsche Brake kit fitting nicely to the MINI but they were about £300 more and you're warranty would be voided (I think).

I was quoted £1,060 by Dunedin in Edinburgh, although I was planning to get it done at Menzies Stirling to benefit from the awesome service you get there (not that I'm crawling to try to get a wee sneaky discount or anything)..........

I definately recommend you take one with the kit fitted for a spin and see for yourself....:)

quote:Originally posted by RichardV

Hiya!

I've been looking into this for a couple of weeks now, the difference between the Standard cooper s brakes and the works brakes was pretty noticable, although apparantly when the brakes are used continually (ie heat up) that is when you'll see the main benefit.

I think it was Scottiecoop mentioned about the Porsche Brake kit fitting nicely to the MINI but they were about £300 more and you're warranty would be voided (I think).

I was quoted £1,060 by Dunedin in Edinburgh, although I was planning to get it done at Menzies Stirling to benefit from the awesome service you get there (not that I'm crawling to try to get a wee sneaky discount or anything)..........

I definately recommend you take one with the kit fitted for a spin and see for yourself....:)
    don't know about the porsche brakes sorry.

I've got the JCW brakes on my Cabrio and are getting them on silver mini because they look cool not because of braking performance to be honest they don't come near the AP we had on the blue coop:) can't say the caliper looks that huge either but for £800 odd pounds you getting a nice wee JCW transfer sticker on the caliper
    Cooper Coupe...

euan
    I'll get a tin of paint and a bottle of tip ex and give you nice looking calipers for less than 800 notes

The do look great though.

RichardV
    Ah apologies Scottiecoop indeed it was the AP brakes you told me about, not the Porsche! :blackeye: