JCW brake upgrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mgemie
    The brake kit that JCW sell - any good?

Mini Me
    BLOODY GOOD !!!! ,if you are ever near Stirling pop in,HUGE difference......i have driven mini's with other braking systems, but they can't touch this.Don't just take my word for it,come try !!!

mgemie
    ever the salesman!!

After collecting my car from my local dealer on friday i noticed a JCW flyer they'd 'left behind' in the sun visor...they know me too well!! I'm seriously considering the JCW brake upgrade after seeing the price tag - not too bad in my opinion. After having my ECU remap, new exhuast, etc etc i thought i'd better considering braking upgrades and coupled with the price of JCW kit and also that it includes warranty etc i started my beard-stroking impression and wallet hunting! I should've guessed the man himself, Iain, wouldn't be far behind my post lol.

Iain - how long does it take to JCW-erise my brakes? What does the kit include exactly - does it stretch as far as braided cables etc? Has your dealership had many people buying them?

redpoint rallying
    what does the kit comprise and what is the current price for it? I had a quick rake about on the JCW site but didnt see a 'kit' as such. Any info would be great!

cheers...

mgemie
    yeah, i was going to ask whether the kit is both front AND rear upgrades...?

minidriver#1
    they are only two pot callipers :S also minime i'll take you for a ride and see how my 10 pots compare tee hee

the JCW brake kit is only the front AFAIK. and includes calipers, pads, discs and hoses.

redpoint rallying
    how much is it?

Mini Me
    discs and pads all round , huge big RED calipers(in ma sig) on the front £700 rings a bell, but will check for sure.....mental day

seany
    quote:Originally posted by minime

discs and pads all round , huge big RED calipers(in ma sig) on the front £700 rings a bell, but will check for sure.....mental day

does it fit the cooper aswell????

mgemie
    yum...me like. The JCW press i saw mentioned £995 inc. fitting. Shouldn't it fit all the models (ONE/COOPER/CS?) since all are identical hubs?