runflat tyre question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mgemie
    Is it possible to fit runflat tyres to any type of alloy? I'm currently sitting with r90 17" shoes but am wondering about switching to Boss XL300 18", however, i'm wanting to stick with runflats ( yes yes i know the -VEs about runflats but i want to keep using them for safety reasons).

So, would anyone be able to say if it'd be possible to fit runflats to these BOSS XL300s?

Does anyone have BOSS xl300s on their MINI?

Link

As far as I know you cant get runflats in 18" - I might be wrong though

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
    As far as I know you cant get runflats in 18" - I might be wrong though
    Not far wrong, can get them in 18" but, it's the low profile you can't get :(

mgemie
    if i was to go for the 17" boxx xl300 would i be able to put runflats on them?

mgemie
    are runflat tyres specifc to rim designs or can any rim take runflats?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by mgemie
    are runflat tyres specifc to rim designs or can any rim take runflats?
    Not sure about that, but i would expect that you could, however, if your going the 17" route why not go for the tyre sealant option
    There is a guy in Portlethen who is an agent for it, can't remember his name though
    And no, he won't use the sealant on low profile tyres either, trust me, i tried for my 18's :( Just noticed that Portlethen isn't good for you :I Wul got his tyres done locally to you

mgemie
    what rims does Wul have?

mgemie
    Bonnie, if i did get a set of 17" or 18"s is there any sealant or gunky stuff (cant remember its technical name ) that i could use and thus saving me the non-runflat puncture worry (without buying a 5th wheel?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Wul is yer man to answer this, but i found this old thread

Wul
    Did someone call? Marc - Bonnie is right - 18" wheels and low pro's are not ideal for tyre sealant - don't ask me why? but some places still do it - my 205-17-40 Alessio F1's have got it in them - there are a few DIY versions on ebay now - i got mine done with tyresafe at Seafield Coachworks here in edinburgh - but are you not out Dumfries way? Have you though of the good old tyreweld route? or even the mini compressor and sealant kit (£40 ish from minispares)?

I would absolutely hate to feel the ride on 18" run-flat tyres!! :I