Its so stupid and sad

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    duncan
    quote:Originally posted by dj_tigger1982

I have a late cooper 97 and I have a sticker saying 100% BMW free. This is jsta bit of banter ....
    I hope you realise the irony of the age of your car, and who owned Rover in 97

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I recently joined the Cooper Register but regreted it almost immediately since the first reference in their forum to MINIS was nothing more than a vitriolic rant, not just about the car and manufacturer but also about the drivers. I was quite angry about it. How dare some daft wee numpty decide what kind of person I am. Personally, I DONT DO PIGEON HOLES which is part of the reason for my choice of car. Like all other MINI drivers I can make it as individual as I am. I guess that's what makes it so unique - just like all of us. On the other hand I also know mini owners who dont hold these primitive views.
    I also used to have an old cooper, many moons ago, an old C reg. The door had to be banged really hard before it would close. Unfortunately this often resulted in it falling off. Got draughty in winter!!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    Mini Cooper

I have a late cooper 97 and I have a sticker saying 100% BMW free.
    How ironic is that!! That should be 100% BMW

dj_tigger1982
    yeah yeah I know

But if you were to look at my car you would not know It is a 97, unless u see under the hoot or check for the cat, or relise it has an airbag.

It's jst some fun

Car
    Mini Cooper

It's jst some fun
    I know
    I with all mini owners had your attitude but unfortunately the is still an ignorant minority that are serious about hating the 2001 on version of the Mini :(

I had a old style cooper sold it to buy a new MINI Cooper. I would say that I got much more waves etc in the old Cooper.

The reason I think is that the vast % of owners from mini's are enthusiast. I think the vast % of MINI owners see it a just another car.

Then there is us who just love the car and would defend it to the death. But we are a small%.
    Cooper Coupe...

X30YES
    Ive had a few over the years as well ,my first car cost me £40...a mini van .The mini is a Classic always will be ,but , like the Dodo it will be no more one day ,New Mini will be here for a long long time ,BMW will make sure of that I'm sure.I would still have the Classic if I had the time money etc to keep it going ...life goes on and ennjoying my third new mini now,and still love to see one of the 'old boys' passing ,stickers or not ,at the end of the day a mini is still a mini - Classic or not !

eddie 44
    bought a mini METRO a few years back for the soul purpose
    to banger race it what else can you do with a metro
    best 30 quid i,ve spent, total cost was a round £ 300
    harness , helmet , metal to weld a frame & transport to &
    from the track. brillant day out :). it is the weirdest
    thing not to brake when there are a pile of stationary cars
    blocking your path :evil::evil::evil: metro finished two ft
    shorter than when it started what a buzz

Nenah
    Whilst parked in Edinburgh last week a classic mini driver parked next to me and took photos of my car and gave me a friendly thumbs up sign - on the otherhand, my parents own a classic mini, and I'm embarrassed to even say, they have a sign in the back window that reads "Real Mini" and think my car is a pretentious piece of petrol guzzling plastic...bloody hippies!

Sponsor
    I don't think it matters whether it's new or classic - some folk wave, some don't. Each to their own.

However, the other day I got a lovely wave from a guy with a classic - arm out the window!
    Passed 5 new MINIs on my way to and from the supermarket yesterday - NOT ONE waved back.......