Its so stupid and sad

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Willie M

There's a really sad letter in this months Mini Magazine from a couple who went on the Riviera Run, quite sickening. Sad thing is the couple own both a classic and a new Mini but decided to take their MINI on the run.

I'm sure attitudes will change as time moves on.
    Ah, if only that were true :(

Was sitting reading the letters page in this months Mini Magazine last night and was gobsmacked by 2 replies that had been sent in response to the above:dead: The latter comments in one of the letters are really quite distasteful :disapprove:

Also very disappointed that the Editor condones replies such as this. They only continue to fan the embers of Mini / MINI bigotry.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

broken_brian
    I think that a lot of the mini fans would approve of the MINI if it was still part of the rover group. its not so much the car but the fact that bmw kept the rights to the mini name that upsets them.

3GGG
    Well, a classic flashed his lights and let me across the road at a junction the other day near Dunfermline, so they are not all bad

Sponsor
    I flash (the lights - don't get excited...) and wave at EVERY mini I see, classic or new. (Mine is new.)
    I sometimes get a response, I sometimes get the stony-faced-stare-straight-ahead look.
    However, it doesn't appear to make any difference whether it's a classic or new - people are either friendly or not.

Thankfully, the people I meet and talk to are nothing but friendly!
    Like an Australian on holiday in Eire a couple of weeks ago! :)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I sometimes get a response, I sometimes get the stony-faced-stare-straight-ahead look.
    However, it doesn't appear to make any difference whether it's a classic or new - people are either friendly or not.
    Or sometimes they are divvies like me who don't find the light stalk fast enough to flash back :I, or are holding on to the steering wheel so hard at warp speed 1, don't have time to flash back :clown:.
    But if Helen is in the car she always waves (unless her eyes are shut )

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart
    Or sometimes they are divvies like me who don't find the light stalk fast enough to flash back :I
    Practice makes perfect !!

The Dogfather
    Or divvies like me who in their haste to flash end up switching main beam on and blinding a row of cars for half a mile.

Sponsor
    When I was at school, my friend had a classic mini. a red one, with holes in it. We had great fun bombing around Aberdeen in the wee thing. Now I have a new Cooper. and we still have fun bombing around Aberdeen in it. So why is there a divide between the two?? Many new mini drivers, are from the old skool mini years too, but they just enjoy the practicality, safety and reliability of the modern version. Seems sensible to me.

I actually got a wave from a classic tonight - which cheered me up no end

dj_tigger1982
    I understand what you guys and gals are saying. I have a late cooper 97 and I have a sticker saying 100% BMW free. This is jsta bit of banter and it gets laughs from people when in car parks etc....

I do disagree with teh whole heritage thing but I aint getting into it.

The MINI is a coolish car... but not to my taste. The reason I don't wave at MINI drivers is if I was to make a point at waving I would be waving at nearly every 3rd car on the road. I do make a point of waving or flashing if they do it to me, But If not the average MINI driver does not care about all that waving and flashing. They just want to get to work or go shopping.

Mike