Its so stupid and sad

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    davesminis
    I would like my tuppence worth in here too if I could,

The Mini community is a great thing. However you get some BMW Mini drivers who are not part of the community and do not wave flash or do anything for BMW drivers let alone classic drivers. In the same way you get classic drivers who do not flash other classics (which I find most irritating) let alone BMW minis. Maybe these are the drivers who you have flashed and they dont seem to want to know??

For those who are part of the mini community I cant understand why there is even a thread discussing such things. I hate the 100% BMW free stickers too and would never have one on my classics.

The classic mini is an icon, 40 years of history, 40 years of loving and being loved by the british public. That time is not gone, its still here. I believe that this is helped by the new mini. There really shouldnt be two communities of mini fan (in my humble oppimion) we all love the same thing about the cars!!
    The MINI is fun, it is an icon - thats what we love - classic or new - its that simple!!
    The classic was and is unreliable, inpractical and damn noisey - But a hell of a lot of fun!
    The new mini is very impractical and has just as many rattles - But its a hell of a lot of fun!
    Twiggy and peter sellers had the classic mini, where madonna and even the gret russ swift have new ones.

Anyone else noticing the similarities here?????

Yes, BMW could have done a better job of the mini, by using non american engines
    but would rover have made a better job of designing a new mini than the one that we all know and love - I think not!!

Sorry, for the long explanation of my thoughts,

Dave ( classic and new mini enthusiast/owner)

minidave
    why did you restart the thread then??

Sponsor
    My thoughts too......

This has been left alone for so long!

Wul
    If the thread is not locked then people are entitled to post their opinions......no?

Sponsor
    Oh yes, entitled, not denying that.
    I wasn't meaning anything nasty.
    Just wondered why now.....
    When the thread hadn't been posted in for so long....

GAJ
    There's no way this thread is getting locked! I get my kill every time I read it! As Bob would say 'You just wouldn't let it lie!':)

The Dogfather
    This thread makes some interesting reading especially after the fake MINI thread, it's a shame that a lot of the posts have been deleted by the classic drivers so it's not possible to see what was said by the interlopers (spelling?). Some of the comments can still be read in the quotes.

It seems our 'friends' at ESMOC are guilty of double standards........

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    <takes the HUGE spoon off of BDM> I think we should keep the bickering to just one thread mr. Gaskell! Otherwise we might miss a good bit!

Monsta Mo Mini
    Paul...let it lie

minidave
    i'm sorry i can't beleive you guys..