Its so stupid and sad

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    dilligaf
    That also irritates the s**te out of me as i own a classic that is probably older than some of the drivers if you check the thread for classic Mini's under the title my other cars a Mini,
    one day we will all get on and wave,

1275cooper
    howdy!

I gotta classic mini and feel i should add my tuppence worth (sorry - cant spell)

I wave back at MINI drivers who wave at me, dont wave at them normally as there's just far too many of them!!
    Also, sumone sumwhere asked about VW and the new beetle, when i was on holiday in newquay there were hundreds of old beetle's with 100% air cooled stickers on them,so they gotta old/new divide aswell

But basically i think its unfair to class all new/old mini drivers as with my classic i've had great banter with new owners and they're young pretenders against my absolute classic, and i've also been laughed at by new owners, today: washing my car (in the street - aint got a drive) two absolute w**kers (trust me - its not unfair) pulled up beside me in ther 05 plate softtop mini with the hood down laughed at me, told me i drove a peice of crap, then sped away burning rubber? Which was nice!!

Only thing that cheered me up was a softop 350z came round the corner about an hour later and asked if i'd like to swap cars with him, i declined tho!

Finally, somebody here said people buy the old mini as they don't have enough coin to buy a new one? Now thats absolute s**t! Ever heard of the 16v mini owners club? Think everybody wants to be a member of that club! just far too much work to get into such an exclusive club!!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Softop driver with the hood down in this weather are questionable anyway mate. :) Welcome to the site and I hope you stick around. Despite a lot of the rubbish posted on this thread from both sides we're no a bad bunch really. :)

Wul
    Ditto what /\/\/\/\ said mate - feel free to join in the banter on the other threads :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Welcome to the site, get yourself anlong to the "introduce yourself" forum and let us all know what you drive etc
    As Col mentioned, we're not a bad bunch and welcome everyone in for the banter :)

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Welcome to the site mate. Like many others I drove the classic (3 of them) & if possible would own both If I could. Speaking of which some lucky guys & gals will be along shorty who are exactly in that lucky position.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I would be one of those lucky individuals. Like any owner of any car you get the odd to$$er so what I would say is take everyone on face value, don't tar everyone with the same brush

This is my third classic and my second MINI (OK the first MINI was Jude's )

My Classic (Dougal) will only be out when there is no salt on the road and once he has had a wee bit of refurb, he will be good as new... I love driving the wee boy, but I couldn't drive it every day (if you have ever seen me, you know why..)

Knottie is much easier to live with day to day, however I wouldn't change either of them. They both have differences which is the point.

anyway, glad you made it along, you should be made to feel very welcome... Any Piccies??

Sponsor
    I guess I'd be one of those lucky wee so-n-so's too!
    I have my second MINI too - lovin' this one even more than the last.
    And we have a mental Turbo charged A series classic (who is in bits at the moment, but hopefully not long till he's back up and running again.) Taken out in all weathers, but it's a bit leaky and uncomfortable in the rain!

Love them both, always have, always will. Different beasties, but rather similar in many ways.

Most folk on here love both breeds!