Its so stupid and sad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    lightbody
    Driving down the A9 tonight, doing a legal speed, when I see an identically coloured Classic Mini approaching from behind.

It speeds up and passes me at about 90, completely ignoring my big smile and wave.

Its so stupid and sad. I KNOW I dont have a Classic Mini. I KNOW it doesnt have 40years of history etc. etc. But it should have been a fun/funny moment and it wasn't because he was taking things WAY too seriously. This keeps happening.

He obviously has a point to prove, I didn't. (My MINI can do 125mph+, his can't top 100, so I'm not sure what point he was trying to make anyway)

duncan
    I know exactly what your saying, there's some real bad attitude Classic owners out there.
    The ones who have the 100% BMW free stickers crack me up - especially the ones on the late build Coopers. So who owned Rover then? err, BMW?

But on the other hand, there was the guy in the classic who passed us in the opposite direction when on the Festive Run, and he was waving and flashing his lights like a mentalist!

Sponsor & Jakey
    Yeah, got to say this sort of thing irritates me too :disapprove: (I think Rob knows only too well how I feel on this subject ) I've witnessed first hand some of the 'hostility' that exists between classic and MINI owners :disapprove: I've got to say though that these folks thankfully seem to be in the minority.

There's a really sad letter in this months Mini Magazine from a couple who went on the Riviera Run, quite sickening. Sad thing is the couple own both a classic and a new Mini but decided to take their MINI on the run.

I'm sure attitudes will change as time moves on.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Hey lightbody. What colour is your mini? Did you carry on towards Stirling? If so did a Yellow/Black Mini pass you?

Linda M
    Now Rob, you know I have a huge hang up with 'certain' classic mini owners but then again you meet some real nice ones:question:

Although I have to say that some MINI owners are just as bad, I can't remember the last time I got a wave. They usually pass all frosty faced looking straight ahead :disapprove:

That's life as they say :clown: Makes it hard for someone like me though, I can't help smiling :)

I have to say I find it really worrying that people don't wave back when a blonde in a Cooper S waves at them. I really hope the MINI isn't going to become a gay icon...

macblob
    I hope there is friendly banter this weekend between the mini and MINI crowd in Perth, cause im really lookin forward to it

lightbody
    The MINI's already a gay icon... the Anglicans will be driving them soon... ahem...

Bic Col - yeah I did go on to stirling and Glasgow but dont remember seeing your car!

Ive discovered that the chances of a flash/wave from either a new or old Mini is much greater when you're "off the beaten track". Got lots of attention in the highlands last weekend!

I passed a MINI close to the Shell Garage at the end of the Stiling to Perth run. Blue or Black with a white roof. Thought it might have been you but I guess not.

I had a load of Tourists looking at my car over the weekend. I came out of the pub (after a cola) and scared the bejezzus outta them by dropping the windows. One of them had their picture taken with me as he was about 5' and I'm 6'6" so they thought it was funny that I drove a MINI.

Monsta Mo Mini
    I may be the only one who has noticed but there have definately been more classic mini drivers waving back in the past few weeks. The wee red one with crome wheel arches I pased in Duddingston the other day in pasticular.... he was very exciteable!