Italian Job - Aberdeen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tootie
    As promised I put pen to paper and started to write a letter to the local cinema houses in Aberdeen, I then thought it would be better to clarify whether John Clark in Aberdeen were organising anything.

I have had confirmation that John Clark, Aberdeen has plans in place , but they are still to be finalized. My understanding is that BMW have given the opportunity to dealerships to organise an event to coincide with the launch of the Italian Job and it is down to the individual dealer whether they want to or not.

So basically it looks like we will all just have to hold on tight until invitations are sent out. 8)

Tony and I will try and organise a mini run to coincide with the time, venue etc, possible from Kingswells Park & Ride through town i.e. down Union Street and then on to the venue.

We will keep you all advised of any developments.

3GGG
    I am still waiting for word of similar event at Dunfermline by Morrison's. - frustrating that there is such slow progress.

Tony
    seems a bit of a pity that there is such slow progress. the preview is planned for the 11th septmber, which is only 5 weeks away.
    how slow do you want it??!!!

anyway, not much to say about my part in the aberdeen event yet, other than im going to get the cruise organised. hopefully a meeting point to the west of aberdeen to get everyone gathered together (kingswells Park & Ride?), and then a cruise down, into town, alnog Union Street, down the 'bouley!!' and then to the cinema.

should be well good. Im hoping to get some media coverage from this as well, which cant do any of us any harm, can it? Tootie is going to speak to some local papers, and ive already spoken to one as well.

Here is hoping it is a good event, and that everyone else gets to have this event as well.

Krusty
    I'm sure me & Zippy will be up for this one - Kingswells P&R is cool - we live in Westhill. Might even push the boat out and take both the mini's to this one - so as I can get a chance to dive mines!!!!!!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Hey Krusty you got a submersible mini then seeing as you live in Aberdeen
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Any word from Ian at Menzies Wully/Linda :question: It all seems to have gone very quite here as well :clown:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Krusty
    OK - so I cant spell very well! We'll still be there tho .............

Tony
    yeah, kingswells does sound good, dosent it?

it should be a good event, although we are having a few problems with our car at the moment which is taking the excitement out of the whole situation for me at the moment.
    hopefully have some word back from BMW UK and John Clark in the next few days and maybe my motivation will be back on track again.........

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Spoke to a workmate who's just back from the U.S of A where he has seen the film. Said it was great Completely different storyline but all the character have the same names as the original. He's not a mini owner but he said the minis were superb Can't wait to go and see it - come on Menzies get your finger out and give us some feedback :mad:

Linda M
    I'll go and annoy Ian soon, he was on holiday :)