In Car PC - Would people buy one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Please don't turn this into a MAC vs PC debate, go somewhere else if you want to do that, thanks!

I would like to gauge if there would be any interest in a In-Car PC. First what it can/will do: -
    • * Sat Nav with Voice instructions and warnings, import speed camera databases * 8" touch screen * Direct access to itunes software * Reverse and Forward Cameras with record facility * Email/Internet via wifi hotspots and GPRS mobile* Live traffic updates * DVD and TV (optional 5.1 sound) * Engine Management system changes on the fly* Voice control

I reckon the system would retail for about £1500 - £1700 depending on spec with an AUX in stereo and fitting included!

I'm not taking orders but looking to see if this could be a viable business, if there's enough interest I will go ahead and build a prototype version to test!

From past experience most people that want this would build there own - using the information and car PC interfaces available on the internet.

GAJ
    I wouldn't buy what you suggest.

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I wouldn't buy what you suggest.
    If it was MAC based?

GAJ
    Still no I'm afraid! Got to agree with Martin, most people who would be interested would be tempted to do it themselves I think. £1700 is a lot of money for a gadget!

minidriver#1
    most people requiring this would probably slap their own laptop into their cars, something i am in the process of doing, and alot of my cruiser mates have done this also.

The Dogfather
    Ah well, another business idea bites!

minimadtez
    Ermmm no thanks.....

My car likes being driven best

Kosta
    is this the same as that "dreamsoft" i think they use on pimp my ride?

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by Kosta

is this the same as that "dreamsoft" i think they use on pimp my ride?
    No this would be a custom made PC put together by me, I'll also designing my own user interface based on Windows XP Media Centre.