exhaust - how can I

at the moment we have a BLOWING play mini exhaust on the blue cooper s
    only been on the car since January but the back clamps came loose went to Kwik fit (I know) any way its now goosed where these clamps were tightened.:mad:

Now looking for a new exhaust and want one to sound as close as possible to my Scooby (if that's possible) defo don't want one that is to loud.

any ideas would be great as we are at a crossroads as what to put on the car also where is best to go to get the exhaust fitted.:(
    Cooper Coupe...

KINGHORN
    scooby-boxer
    mini-straight 4

never gonna sound the same unless u run it on 3 cylinders,lol

broken_brian
    unless you put the scooby engine and running gear in the mini. now that could make an interesting project.

I Want A Works
    Well you could just record a scooby exhaust onto CD, stick it in the stereo and run around all day with the windows open and the stereo turned all the way to 11!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Weird one this, mine's been on for about a year and no probs at all - and Bill and I fitted it! Who fitted yours - and how did they do it? Did the system get 'whacked' at any time? I'd be interested to know in case I encounter anything in the future. I love the sound of the Playmini, and wouldn't swap it - even for a Scooby!!!!!!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

Weird one this, mine's been on for about a year and no probs at all - and Bill and I fitted it! Who fitted yours - and how did they do it? Did the system get 'whacked' at any time? I'd be interested to know in case I encounter anything in the future. I love the sound of the Playmini, and wouldn't swap it - even for a Scooby!!!!!!!
    Playmini themselves fitted the exhaust but it started blowing around the clamps which hold it on (not sure what they are called):(:(
    Cooper Coupe...

I'd get on to Playmini then, 'cos that shouldn't have happened. I reckon they'd be liable to replace/refit if it's a manufacturing/fitting fault. You paid for it, and the whole thing about fitting one of these systems is the quality and longevity (and sounds!).

Second thought. If it was just blowing around the joints, did Kwikfit bu**er it when they were tightening it - as you can bust the jubilee clips if you over-tighten them (we nearly did).

Kwikfit are liable if they damaged your system and it's now U/S. In any case, YOU really shouldn't have to shell out for a new one.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

I'd get on to Playmini then, 'cos that shouldn't have happened. I reckon they'd be liable to replace/refit if it's a manufacturing/fitting fault. You paid for it, and the whole thing about fitting one of these systems is the quality and longevity (and sounds!).

Second thought. If it was just blowing around the joints, did Kwikfit bu**er it when they were tightening it - as you can bust the jubilee clips if you over-tighten them (we nearly did).

Kwikfit are liable if they damaged your system and it's now U/S. In any case, YOU really shouldn't have to shell out for a new one.
    That's what Allan reckons aswell he thinks Kwikfit were to blame we took it back they did not want to know typical ain't it.

Oh well got a new exhaust on new anyway.
    Cooper Coupe...

Kwikfit escapes...... I'd drop a nasty letter to their Head Office, explaining why you reckoned they bust it (include a photo of the damage), and how disinterested they were when you took it back to them.

If it was my money, I'd be a lot more pi**ed about it! Bottom line is, you're a few hundred quid out of pocket for the Playmini system and now more for a new one. Ho Hum........This is how crap standards become "acceptable" - they probably had a 16 year old on £2.00/hour "fix" it. I suppose it's done & dusted now though. Hope you didn't get it fitted at Kwikfit..... Rant over.