Privacy Glass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Thanks everyone, think i'll wait until i actually see the car in the flesh before making my mind up

3GGG
    I thought you were talking about a glass partition between the front and rear at first! - Will you be taking celebrities in the back - that might increase your insurance premium quite a bit.

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by craigd

If you tint the front windows at all, they are illegal:disapprove: - minime will back me up on this. The MINI front windows are already tinted to the legal limit when they come out of the factory. Yes, the police probably won't bother you unless it is pimping black, but if they do, it's a Vrec and a fine.... it's your gamble
    I was under the impression that the factory tint on the front windows is only 8%, i.e. 92% visibility and the legal limit is 25%, i.e. 75% visibility. I thought that people were ending up with front windows that did not comply with the new legislation by adding 25% tinted film to windows that already had an 8% tint, not that the mini front windows were already at the limit.

Unless I'm mistaken, the MINI rear privacy glass option is a 35% tint so even if you add a 17% tint to take the fronts up to what I believe to be the legal limit they still won't match the rears. (Not sure that it's as simple as an 8% tint and a 17% tint together adding up to a 25% tint either, the physics of light transmission has never been my strong point, but i'm sure you know what I mean!)

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I got my front windows done 'light' which I think looks much better than it did with only factory tints. This is I think the max I would feel comfortable with, esp for night driving. I think any darker would have caused problems with visibility.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
    We got the privacy glass and have not got the front windows tinted.
    So, are you happy with the way it looks etc, or are you thinking about getting the front ones done too :question::)
    More than happy, BS. The front windies have a bit of a tint in them anyway, so a darker tint is a matter of personal preference. Both ways look just as good.

See large pics of our mini at: http://www.reachercreatures.com/miniBB.htm

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Julz
    I think I would have to agree with gordy that when I see minis with just the back ones done, they do look a bit 'van-ish' (sorry to anyone who takes offense:sleepy:). I'm sure minime will get you a good deal on the front ones if you want, he knows a very nice man at pentagon in stirling who I will be visiting when I collect the evo!

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

I think I would have to agree with gordy that when I see minis with just the back ones done, they do look a bit 'van-ish' (sorry to anyone who takes offense:sleepy:). I'm sure minime will get you a good deal on the front ones if you want, he knows a very nice man at pentagon in stirling who I will be visiting when I collect the evo!
    Could i please point out for legal reasons, it's for showroom purposes only :evil:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hmm, i was afraid of the van type look :( What will it cost to get the two front windows done to a legal 8) tint

Jeff
    Alan, I have got the privacy tint and I like my van look!!!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by Jeff

Alan, I have got the privacy tint and I like my van look!!!
    Us too! But we still maintain it does not look like a van!:(

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto