induction kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yiponwah
    To all the cooper s drivers, have any of you have got an induction on ur mcs and which is the best kit to have on. Does it gives a gd deep sound from the kit.

From Dave

Julz
    I've got the Piper-X, which makes a nice sukey sound when you accelerate!! John is the man to see about toys for your mini!!

yiponwah
    cheers for the help. can i ask you who is john? and where can I contact him for imformation?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    John can be found by e-mailing him here:-
    peregrine@dsl.pipex.com

Bonnie Scotland

euan
    Julz, does it really make that much difference? Is it all noise and no power? And how much did it affect your insurance? I'm enjoying the S so far (really, really, hate the running in period), but I know I'll want to add toys and without the cash(or the running in again) for a Works kit, it seems like a nice addition.

Wul
    Don't forget these forums are read by your dealers folks!

Julz
    The kit gives you that wee bit extra oomph and my insurance went up £4.28! As for the works, it's all a matter of opinion, but I'm getting the hartge fitted late August/early september!!:clown:

Mr P
    Theres a report in this weeks Auto Express on the BBR Conversion kit.
    Apparently it gives 220 bhp & costs £1,522 for the phase one kit.

Also a few spy shots of the Mini Open 'S' !!!

Mr P
    Anyone (John?) got anything to add here?
    Im looking for an induction kit for my Cooper and would like some feedback. Was thinking about the Viper kit but are there other kits that are better , easier to fit etc.... ?????
    Just so fed up with the low rev lag:dead: and cant seem to justify an S right now so this would seem a good starting point to fill the void

Ta muchly

George.

Monsta Mo Mini
    *** tried a Viper kit but I think you really need to fix up a proper cold air feed for it to work to full effect. It's also more than double the cost of more conventional cone filters. The standard PX or K &N filters only take 5 miniutes to fit. You'll only notice a difference in performance when the car is "shifting". It encourages you to keep the engine on the edge due to the beautiful engine noise you get so no delay on the accelaration front.

Please be aware that these forums are monitored by MINI Customer services so take care when discussing engine mods. Obviously, I was driving someone elses car ...[;0]