Hartge Coversion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    yiponwah
    How many ppl have got the harge conversion done to there cooper s in scotland. To be honest would no mind having a ride in it to see how fast it is.

From Dave

GAJ
    Be nice to Bonnie Scotland then!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Ask Julz for her first impression whilst sitting in my car

Bonnie Scotland

Julz
    Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
    Put it this way, mine is booked in for August!!

yiponwah
    I see it is a lot faster but i cant really make up my mind either hartge or works it... im quite a fan of hartge stuff as I have already got the 18s classics wheels on my cooper s...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I wouldn't say it is much faster, probably the same, but the differences are, the works kit allegedly feels more refined, as if it drove right out the plant, the hartge, now, it provides you with a car that you know has been altered. It is a bit more aggresive and in your face. In my opinion thats what you want.
    There is also the question of warranty, i'm not gonna get into the ins and outs here but suffice to say with the works package you are fully coverered.

Its all down to a question of price and warranty requirements.

Bonnie Scotland

yiponwah
    cheers for the help bonnie scoltand, what warranty u lose u got the hartge convwersion done and will u still be able to use the tlc for servcing and is ur dealer is o.k about the tuned up.

From Dave

Julz
    Alan uses the same dealer as me and they seem to have no problem with alans MANY mods, they just like to comment on whatever new toy he has this week! As for warranty etc., correct me if I'm wrong alan, but our dealer is quite good! Even with my monster Piper-x, which is meant to void the warranty, BabyB still got tlc'd a few weeks ago!!

yiponwah
    Yeh I know induction tend be find from my dealer since I had it on my old cooper before but in the cooper s u are talking about engines mods, which some dealer are no keen about it.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Very briefly, my dealer is quite happy with all my mods, especially the Hartge, they will and have honoured the TLC, my car was serviced not too long ago.
    They have adopted a common sense approach, providing any engine damage is not directly linked with the conversion they will repair as part of the warranty. I couldn't expect and wouldn't expect any different, If however, the fuel cap falls off they will repair that as a matter of course.

Hope that helps

Bonnie Scotland