Hartge Coversion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mini Me
    I see your point BS,it's not something that i myself understand(although i am sure MINI have there reasons),as you are correct,what you do with your car is up to you. I just thought that since i had seen it happen to many a disgtuntled customer, that it was only fair i pointed out what "could" possibly happen.
    Dont shoot the messenger
    I have e-mailed top brass to get an explanation in detail.
    New post for tomorrow...MINIME seeks new job...lol

GAJ
    The way I see it is that MINI's stance is no different to any other manufacturer's. They offer a warrranty on their product in the knowledge that the components used have been thorougly tested and are fit for purpose. If you change components I think it is unfair to expect MINI to accept responsibility if they lead, directly or indirectly, to a problem later. As it can be virtually impossible to trace the root of a problem at a later stage, they have taken the common sense approach of warning that non approved parts will invalidate the warranty. Reputable tuners acccept this and offer their own engine warranties as they understand that although they may have tested their products and are happy that they are safe and of good quality, this testing has not been done by MINI. Realistically, MINI are not able to test all aftermarket tuning parts so simply refuse to have anything to do with them. Most dealers will probably take a pragmatic view to a clearly unrelated problem, especially if it is something which is easy, quick and cheap to put right, but I would not like to be in the position of having an expensive, complicated problem with the engine of a modified car.

Mini Me
    what Gaj said !

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Yay, way to go Gaj, exactly as you say, except, why should I :)

quote:Originally posted by yiponwah

I see it is a lot faster but i cant really make up my mind either hartge or works it... im quite a fan of hartge stuff as I have already got the 18s classics wheels on my cooper s...
    If it was me and money not to much a issue then I would go with the works.

When you trade or come to sell the motor it's going to be easier I think.

My blue mini is a classic example of a mini that has had to much money and to many mods done on it I'm never going to re coop a quarter of what I've spent so I'll still have it when it's a classic.

The red mini has the works and I like it much better the only hartage that i've driven was Barry at Zeemax seemed ok though.

As for warranty well I never thought about it just took for granted that it would be void but then my thoughts are if anything breaks then I'll have to fork the money out and get it fixed.:)
    Cooper Coupe...

Scottch
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

quote:Originally posted by john
    pretty sure that Grassicks in Perth are agents for Hartge:)
    The man is correct (it does happen occasionally!!) but you have to go through Hartge (Birds) and they contact Grassicks, who cantact you!:clown:
    I'm pretty sure that Grassicks has given up selling the Hartge gear - I was certainly given that impression when we were buying our car.

Cheers!

Scott

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Scottch

I'm pretty sure that Grassicks has given up selling the Hartge gear - I was certainly given that impression when we were buying our car.

Cheers!

Scott
    Quite possibly, it was about a year and a half ago that I contacted them! I knew BMW weren't overly amused at one of their dealers fitting a rival engine mod!!