Insurance Queries/advice Thread

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Dogfather
    My cheapest prior to mods was Frizzel, post mods we went with Diamond.

euan
    I have to say in Esure's defence, I've not had any hassle with getting through to a call centre, it's always been in Scotland somewhere.

minimadtez
    HELP!!! Insurance time again! Ive been getting quotes......some decent ones around £550 which include my wheels etc etc but I cant get insurance to cover me driving other cars!

I REALLY REALLY need this as my old mini is insured in dads name and I drive it 3rd party off my current insurance. Im with Endsleigh at the moment (who insure me through Norwich Union) but they dont like my mods so wont insure me after my current policy expires! (the woman was REALLY nasty on the phone!).

All the policies I have tried have said I cant drive other cars because I am only 21.....and apparently I need to be 25.....well im insured at the moment to drive other cars!!!! It makes no sense!

Any ideas???

quote:Originally posted by minimadtez
    All the policies I have tried have said I cant drive other cars because I am only 21.....and apparently I need to be 25.....well im insured at the moment to drive other cars!!!! It makes no sense!
    It said in the paper the other day that insurance companies are really clamping down on young drivers who insure a cheap car and then drive another more valuable one third party on their existing insurance - one way they were looking to cut down on this was by only letting over 25's drive another vehicle on their insurance.

Try Greenlight insurance on 08707 53 54 55, they gave me a fantastic quote for my S. However I dont know what their policy is on young drivers and third party cover for other vehicles.

Sponsor
    HELP!!! Insurance time again! Ive been getting quotes......some decent ones around £550 which include my wheels etc etc but I cant get insurance to cover me driving other cars!

I REALLY REALLY need this as my old mini is insured in dads name and I drive it 3rd party off my current insurance. Im with Endsleigh at the moment (who insure me through Norwich Union) but they dont like my mods so wont insure me after my current policy expires! (the woman was REALLY nasty on the phone!).

Any ideas???
    Terri, I had this problem with Tesco until I read the small print over a couple of times. My policy states that becasue I'm under 25 I am not insured for other cars. However this is (in Tescos case) the legal wording which has to be used to cover them from every angle. It actually means I'm not insured to drive any other car fully comp (or to the degree of cover offered whilst driving my named vehicle) but I am insured 3rd party on anything. That should be the case with any common policy as long as your over 21! Moo.

minimadtez
    Afraid not Sleepy....they have stated until I am 25 I am not insured at all to drive any car other than my own :( Ill check with Tesco again

Tez x

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

It said in the paper the other day that insurance companies are really clamping down on young drivers who insure a cheap car and then drive another more valuable one third party on their existing insurance - one way they were looking to cut down on this was by only letting over 25's drive another vehicle on their insurance.

Try Greenlight insurance on 08707 53 54 55, they gave me a fantastic quote for my S. However I dont know what their policy is on young drivers and third party cover for other vehicles.

I cant see why the insurance companies would care. If the insurance is 3rd party, an 18 year old kid could wrap a ferrari round a tree and the insurance company wouldnt have to pay anything. Unless the tree sued obvioulsy but I don't think that happens to often. I would have thought it was preferable , from an insurance company point of view, for a young driver to drive an alternative car to their primary car because that works out cheaper for them! The crash would have probably happened no matter what car the person was driving. Ok so thats not a perfect science, but you catch my drift right?

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

I cant see why the insurance companies would care. If the insurance is 3rd party, an 18 year old kid could wrap a ferrari round a tree and the insurance company wouldnt have to pay anything. Unless the tree sued obvioulsy but I don't think that happens to often. I would have thought it was preferable , from an insurance company point of view, for a young driver to drive an alternative car to their primary car because that works out cheaper for them! The crash would have probably happened no matter what car the person was driving. Ok so thats not a perfect science, but you catch my drift right?
    At the end of the day, I'm sure the insurance company would see it as, the less time the fully insured car is on the roadm the better.

Sponsor

Afraid not Sleepy....they have stated until I am 25 I am not insured at all to drive any car other than my own :( Ill check with Tesco again

Tez x
    mmmmm well maybe Tesco has changed since May when I renewed my policy. I have a handbook with all the info in it. I'll show you when I'm home on ...... at some point.

minimadtez
    Yeah, I understand.....just wish I could make the stupid insurance companies understand!

Endsleigh were on the phone again just now.....the edinburgh branch rather than aberdeen, the guy was TRYING to make up for the evil witch i spoke to yesterday and was appearing helpful...then put me 'on hold' (ie hung up!!!)