Insurance Queries/advice Thread

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    dezzyS
    Yeah, been thinking the same Ally, so would like to know what people do. I've got a pretty good quote from Bell and have selected Mini Cooper "Chilli" from their drop-down list. I've got a couple of extra things on the car like anthracite roof lining and 17" flame spoke alloys, but they are not really "modifications" - they are simply additional factory-built options.

My Lotus is currently insured with Chris Knott, but they couldn't give me a good quote for the new Mini, even with the NMS discount. Would have liked to stay with them, but Bell is a good bit cheaper.

Might call Bell today and ask about the "modifications". Will let you know what they say Ally.

dezzyS
    Just off the phone to Bell. They do not consider the Chilli pack a modification. They also do not consider the white indicator lenses, roof lining, or the 17inch flame spoke allows a mod either. So, no need to declare anything additional on my policy. Always worth checking with your own insurer though I guess.

D

Ally S
    Cool thats handy to know. I phoned Elephant about changing off run flat tyres a while back and the advisor kept thinking I was wanting to add bigger wheels! Suppose it depends who you get on the phone

L13ARG
    im with esure cheapest i could find

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The real test of "good" insurance is when you actually need to use it

Forbes
    Same with Quinn no exterior modifications need to be declared whether OEM or not.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by L13ARG View Post
    im with esure cheapest i could find
    Same, did all the online sites when my renewal came up there and they were over £150 cheaper then some on the sites so just let it renew itself....

I would change my wheels to something like Scotties but don’t know if the insurance would go through the roof. Then think I like my 16” and go off the idea again. They pace alloys look smart as well, and a new one to me.

I’ll see what I do next year.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well got round to opening the dreaded insurance renewal expecting a total piss take and was surprised even pleased if you can be about such a thing. I’ve not dug out last years paper work but I recon its £10 more….I was reading the forums with people having there insurance double and feared the worst. I’m even going to phone E-sure up as its got me down as 10-11K mileage and over the cars ownership its work out more like 7.5K over the three years.

Not bad considering I thought they would have taken more with a new screen claim last year. Even checked and the Works is around £410……
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

euan
    People might find this interesting/useful - comparison site to show what your job really means to your policy costs.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ins...icker/#sectors

I'm off to change my job to one more appropriate and save myself a massive 5 quid a year...