Shoppie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    miniscot00
    I've had a bit of experience with vehicle liveries and found that if they make the vinyl too thick it would spring up in the bumpier bits around the front spoiler and boot.

Linda M
    Interesting, seeing as Willie was greeting his beads out last night when he came in about how crap quality he thinks the viper stripes are. This is all I've heard for the last few days :disapprove:
    I think he's just looking for a excuse to go order a new one

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Interesting, seeing as Willie was greeting his beads out last night when he came in about how crap quality he thinks the viper stripes are. This is all I've heard for the last few days :disapprove:
    I think he's just looking for a excuse to go order a new one
    No No Noooooooo!!! I won't be ordering a new one (or a ONE)

The vinyl my stripes are made from is wafer thin and is heat sealed onto the car. You've gotta be real 'gentle' when washing the car, I'm frighted I scratch or tear the vinyl. Also found a little corner the other day where the Vinyl is about to come free from the body :(

Stouff's going into the dealers next week to have a nasty 'clunking' sound from the rear quarter investigated. I will be politely asking them to have a good look at the stripes too :blackeye:

I really like the silver stripes on my car but they've been a real pain in the a**. If the dealers can't get it sorted I think Stouff could be in for a 'makeover' this summer
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Sponsor & Jakey
    Back to topic.

I was talking to Shoppie on Sunday and he is at the point of trying to get a replacement car from the dealers. They don't seem to be too confident about finding a fix. His car has been kicking itself into 'safe mode', cuts the engine speed down to about 2500rpm. They've changed various electrical components, including the on-board computer, but it's still acting up.

I feel really sorry for him :( Hope he gets a fix, or a new MINI soon.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

knaone
    I hope Shoppie will get something sorted soon, it seemed to take Scott a while to get Clarks to do something about his!!

David

minidriver#1
    yeah, i hope he gets a replacement because you dont really want a car thats causing that much of a problem. its probably a safer bet to get a replacement because he'll end up with a mini made up of multi generation parts which might cause problems in the future.

scott shand
    you can only take so much, but if you are not willing to take the hard line (which i did) they will not replace the car cause its not worth £££ them to do so!i took the hard line and got a replacement car.

Julz
    Ah, well now Scott. I've been hearing a rumour about you selling your mini and getting a rival car, also german, and very common, now on their 5th or 6th version!! Answers on a postcard please to - scott_are_you_mad.com!!

Linda M
    Don't do it Scott

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    So, did Shoppie get his car replaced or not, am i gonna have to phone John Clarks myself

Bonnie Scotland