scottish mini weekend 9 & 10 august 2003

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Ok... Neck sticking out time, as there's not been too much advertising of the weekend...

Was at the CMC Meeting last night.
    Apparently....

...There will be plenty of trade stalls during the day with the show 'n shine on the sunday.
    For the evening entertainment there will be a disco supplied by the venerable dj English Pete (as always - guaranteed to be lots of fun!!!) the disco will be in the main stand of the racecourse, outdours with some cover, and a couple of bars for those in need of a lemonade or a babycham (for those hardened drinkers out there!)
    Please note that you can bring your own 'liquid refreshments' but no glass bottles please!
    (Scone racecourse rules, not CMC)

Anyone who wants to meet up for a quiet cup of tea and a scone, (no, a scone... not a Scone...) I'll most likely be found in close proximity to the bar!!!
    See yer there!!!
    Ewan

seany
    CALUM WHAT ABOUT A CLUB STAND?

Car
    quote:Originally posted by seany

dunno, but it might be too late...
    if anyone is interested in having one on the day, and we can get one, let me know and I'll try get it organised if you like...

Ewan

Monsta Mo Mini
    quote:Originally posted by seany

Maybe next year....

I'm hoping to come along at some point over the weekend and guage reaction to the new MINI fraternity from the classic crowd.

I know some of the shows down south have resulted in a lot of bad feeling between the two camps.

So who all is going?

seany
    i am going, but with the minis in inverness lot, but if the mini scotland had a club stand then i would be at it, but as you said calum maybe next year.

macblob
    Im still planning on going for at least the saturday if not the entire weekend

Car
    I'll definitely be there.... from sometime on Saturday afternoon till sometime on Sunday...
    Probably until either the hangover goes away, or I get bored!!

Don't be afraid to say hi to the wee nutter with the shaved head!! and the Pepper White Cooper I won't bite....
    unless you ask REALLY REALLY nicely!!

I think there's a few from the Clan going too?

Most of the bad feeling is just silliness... sadly, people just need something to dislike.
    How many people out there had MPi Coopers? Who owned the company at that time? hmmmm..
    And how many New MINI Owners have had Classic Minis in the past? I know I have! Every Car I've had (except my first, but let's not go there!! heh heh heh)
    Since when has the friendly Mini culture been about alienation of your friends?
    Would you really turn your back on your friend if he / she bought a house rather than a flat? a Miller rather than a Stella (reasurringly sh*tfaced! )???
    Do Austin Mini owners hate Rover / Morris / BL Mini owners? Get a grip people!! I'm sure Wars have started for less!!
    Some people really need to stop being narrow minded!
    /Rant over... sorry... dunno how that got out!!

Anyway guys... come say hi!! I'll be wandering about as usual blethering nonsense to anyone who'll listen!!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I'll be there and as a recent member of the caledonia mini club I have agreed to help out - what have I let myself in for!

Car
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I'll be there and as a recent member of the caledonia mini club I have agreed to help out - what have I let myself in for!
    Ha ha ha...
    It won't be that bad....
    I was away camping with them a few weeks ago... and there was no grief...
    just the usual slagging off from a couple of mates!

Linda M
    We're taking both MINI's up on the Sat, going with The Clan and meeting up at South Queensferry for the convoy Are you going to meet up with us macblob :question: