JCW DAISY

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Linda M
    Finally, 2 weeks ago I gets the phone saying that my JCW kit has arrived. One of the fist kits in Scotland apart from the demo ones. So it was decision time. Ian at menzies told Willie and I to come along and take the JCW demo, which was now run in, out for a good thrash.

Saturday morning was the big test and I have to say that both of us were pretty blown away (had to drag Willie away kicking and screaming). I was very sceptical and if it hadn't 'done' it for me I wasn't going to fork out the cash.

It's exactly as all the reviews say, fantastic !!!!!

A lot more smoother up through the gears, first and second is what the 'S' should be (I have always been disappointed with first and second) third and fourth are, well dangerous really !!! The purr from the supercharger is superb. The exhuast noise isn't really much different, which I like. Basically, it turns the 'S' into a little racing car as far as I'm concerned.

I'm having it done cos I've always wanted a great little racing car and this is my chance.

SO, Daisy went into the dealers first thing this morning and I'll get her back tomorrow afternoon

Just out of interest, they thought I'd like a change of car and gave me a new BMW 318 IS M series thingy (no doubt someone will correct me). There's no denying it's a bit of a flying machine and quite nice to drive but it's also very 'boring' and I can't wait to have my little go kart back

So, it will be Daisy going to Cullen, just to 'show off' but she'll have to be at the back as it's no more than 4000 revs for 1500 miles !!!!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I'm torn between being really happy for you and wanting to throw up through sheer jealousy Linda.

Julz
    Is this Daisys well earned reward for having to put up with Stouffer?? BabyB will be a little jealous cause she wants the hartge conversion, so she's going to see Milli at the weekend to get an opinion:clown:

Wul
    Great News Linda! i'm sure those 1500 miles will been gone in jig time!

Linda M
    I meant to say, just for anyone interested that I had a heck of a time with insurance for the JCW. I am currently insured with Admiral for a very good £395 fully comp but they've refused to insure me with the works kit (as did most companies).

After a few frantic days I finally got insured through a company called Adrian Flux (got this from MINI2 as most with the works seem to have went with them) costing me £795 and that's for an OAP !!!!!

Incidentally I had a strop with MINI insurance as they couldn't even come up with a quote on the works.

Monsta Mo Mini
    £795!!!!!!

Ouch!

Resident old yin.
    That's a BIG increase on the insurance Linda.

You should email MINI UK and complain about the insurance. Pretty poor they weren't clued up about the Works S.

Mr P
    £795 seems steep but perhaps more worrying is the refusal from most companies to insure you. Does this imply that the JCW Mini is somehow more dangerous than any number of sports cars with a similar performance? Beggars belief that Mini Insurance wont insure their own car!!
    Think you should e mail the motoring press & Top Gear etc and embarrass the hell out them!

Have a good trip this weekend !!

Regards

George

Linda M
    Ken, I did put in a complaint to MINI insurance and so did my dealership.

The companies that refused to insure the JCW said it was because the kit basically makes it a racing car, that's what I got told anyway. To be fair I did realise that the increase was going to be pretty steep but not 'that' steep for a 37yr old who's been driving for 20yrs

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

Is this Daisys well earned reward for having to put up with Stouffer??
    Grrrr !! :evil:
    Must admit I was amazed by the insurance debacle we went through (quite a few interesting posts on MINI2 about it). The real reason the £760 (not £795 L) is a wee bitty steep is that I've kept Linda's full no claims bonus on her Jeep policy. Basically she's starting with 0 NCD.

Some of the youger drivers on MINI 2 are paying up to £2k fully comp for theirs.

Can't wait until wee Daisy's run in though, I may just be encouraged to drive her a bit more often
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)