RIP ROVER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    duncan
    It's all going to be ok 'cos the Government has announced there will be an Inquiry into Rovers Finances.

Better get the Calcium Hydroxide looked out then.

Dear All, Mom says get a life or you'll all end up with ulcers. I say, I have had

6 original minis
    1 Austin 1275 GT
    6 Morris Marina 1.3 Coupes’
    1 Austin Metro
    1 Morris Maestro
    1 Rover 214i
    1 Rover 216 Vandam Plas
    1 MG Montego Turbo
    1 Montego Countryman (6 seats)

and I always wanted an Austin Princess, but never got promoted quickly enough, before they replaced it. :mad:

I also helped run Scot Prov's car fleet (all British Leyland) during the days of Red Robbo and at one time lived less than a mile from the Longbridge plant. I have also been made redundant. What's all this leading to......nothing, because life’s too short to get all worked up.
    Favorite story is about one of the Morris Marina’s, which leaked so badly that had to drill holes through the rubber mats to let the water run out. Fleet manager wasn’t too pleased, but it stopped me getting wet feet.:evil:

Gaj,thought the "over" post was sharp

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by weefossy
    Favorite story is about one of the Morris Marina’s, which leaked so badly that had to drill holes through the rubber mats to let the water run out.
    I did the same thing in a Cortina I used to have to save me having to bail out the footwells when it rained! Brutal but effective!

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by weefossy

and I always wanted an Austin Princess, but never got promoted quickly enough, before they replaced it. :mad:
    My dad had one of these! COM416V, and it was nice and Orange

Great car!

lightbody
    My dad had an Orange Princess2 1.7HL too! PGE 442V - we called it big orange. It was superb. Huge inside. But the steering was so heavy my Mum could only go on generally straight roads...

GAJ
    My mate had one too, 'The Wedge' it was affectionality known as, it was maroon with a vinyl roof! They were massive inside, your right.:) Although it wasn't the fastest car in the world, I remember him getting from Edinburgh to Manchester Airport in a remarkably short time with my mates passport in about 1989 or 1990. We were going to Ibiza to see the Happy Mondays but that's another story!:clown:

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    My dad used to sell Austin/Morris/MG for a living back in the 70's:I so he always had different models home with him. To be honest they were no better or worse than anything else available at the time:blackeye: (his words not mine:)) I remember he had a purple/black vinyl roof 1800 TC Marina Jubilee home one night and the throttle screw decided to unscrew itself coming down a hill Only way he could stop was to switch the engine off I also remember a bright yellow one. Those were colours you didn't see much back then:I :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'