RIP ROVER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Duncan S - Not trying to inflame just pointing out some of the failings of Rover cars.

Can't remember where I heard it, but the current dashboard (the source of numerous rattles in my MINI) is to be replaced with a single piece unit, Rover was responsible for the design of the current dash this was critisised by BMW as being a failing of the current car.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Can't remember where I heard it, but the current dashboard (the source of numerous rattles in my MINI) is to be replaced with a single piece unit, Rover was responsible for the design of the current dash this was critisised by BMW as being a failing of the current car.
    I stand corrected :clown: (but my dash don't rattle - stir, stir )
    Rover may have built unreliable, rust boxes as Minis but I love em to bits :I so get a little defensive.
    I even quite fancy an old metro as a cheap run around to keep the miles of my Minis (I'm getting even more weird now ) just trying to get the sums to add up to make economic sense but the fact my 40K miles, 2 year old Mini is worth £1K to £2K less than a 20K miles, two year Mini old makes you think!

Sponsor
    [/quote]
    I even quite fancy an old metro as a cheap run around to keep the miles of my Minis
    [/quote]

You could take it on a run so everyone can laugh at you!!

Metros are made to be laughed at!! They even sound funny!!

Sorry to all Metro owners out there.... or is Duncan the only one!?!

Sorry bud, i'm done slagging, you go get that Metro and drive it with pride!

minidriver#1
    quote:Originally posted by mainmini

To clarify my posts

I'm feeling a little defensive too, I've got friends who have lost their jobs, and comments about Rover being sh*t hurt them and hence me, and not all the parts for the mini will continue to be available BMH do thankfully produce a lot of parts but not all by any means.

I made one comment about SOME people being happy about this fact which sadly has overshadowed the debate, and the kind of assumptions and treatment afforded to me by the likes of KJ Innit, who is purposly trying to upset and has little interest in an informed discussion (confirm my feelings).

The sexist thing was a joke btw I did put a smiley up in my defence!
    I never insulted you. Why would i purposely insult? you couldnt anser a single one of my arguments, and avoided most of what i said. Rover failed. how can you defend that? And did i not say i was sorry that so many people were on the brink of loosing their jobs? read through the thread again, lady.

If anyone said Rover were sh*t its because its the company thats sh*t, not the regular workforce. Those people that sit at the top and feed themselves off whatever profit they got and gave themselves fat pay checks. Those are the people you and your mates should be pissed off at, not me. I'm just a consumer for crying out loud.

And for you information, when i came to buy a car, it was a tie between the MG ZR, Ford Focus and the Mini.

mainmini
    thanks for clarification KJ, still think your an arsehole tho sorry! you've been completely unsympathetic in your posts calling rover crap and longbridge a sh*t hole etc etc

I really cant be bothered tbh.

This was never an attack on the MINI, or anything else and i'm bored of defending myself in every thread i post in, i've tried to join in and be part of the gang but theres always someone on this forum waiting and willing to put others down! There are lots of very nice people also, and i appreciate anyone who is wiliing to spend their own time building and maintaining a club.

I'm not being bitter or bitchy if i wanted to do that i'd e-mail this thread out to the MG/Rover Clubs mailing list and include your registration number.

May NMS be a great success i'd never deny people the pleasure of driving what they want and the ability to be proud of it

G2 - S
    I've had 2 Rover metro's in my time and I had no complaints. They did their job - cheap, reliable & practical. I now own a 2005 MGZR 2.0TD and its a great car. Rovers do get a an old man type image but it doesn't change the fact that the MG brand worked and rovers were cheap to buy & run, reliable & practical. Rovers will be missed. I hate rivalry between owners of different manufacturers. It's immature & pointless.

I say - LONG LIVE MG ROVER!

minidriver#1
    quote:Originally posted by mainmini

thanks for clarification KJ, still think your an arsehole tho sorry! you've been completely unsympathetic in your posts calling rover crap and longbridge a sh*t hole etc etc

I really cant be bothered tbh.

This was never an attack on the MINI, or anything else and i'm bored of defending myself in every thread i post in, i've tried to join in and be part of the gang but theres always someone on this forum waiting and willing to put others down! There are lots of very nice people also, and i appreciate anyone who is wiliing to spend their own time building and maintaining a club.

I'm not being bitter or bitchy if i wanted to do that i'd e-mail this thread out to the MG/Rover Clubs mailing list and include your registration number.

May NMS be a great success i'd never deny people the pleasure of driving what they want and the ability to be proud of it
    Your thoughts on my personality have no effect on the size of my ego. If you'd given out my number, you'd be hearing from my lawyers for comprimising my security, and just to note, i'd go to whatever lengths necessary to protect that, including posting your nekid pics on the web :evil:

Oh and another thing ever since i could remember i've always wanted a classic mini and still do. In fact members on this will testify to my desire in buying a classic mini and have been active in sourcing a good one. As for Longbridge being a sh*t hole, it is a sh*thole, the thing is flushing MILLIONS down the toilet while the bosses live it up. The unions should have cottoned onto this in 2000 when it was sold off by BMW. Me calling Longbridge a sh*t hole doesnt mean i'm saying those innocent workers deserve to be made redundant. Your ignorant in even thinking that. TBH i hope that they can some how come up and create their own independant car company and start from fresh again and learn from the mistakes of those that led them to this situation, and it IS a terrible situation.

And anyway, MG Rover still exists, so whats with the topic heading? Are you just looking for sympathy or are you going to go out there with your friends and family and protest and actually try and do something constructive?

You just cant win with women :blackeye:

And if i'm the only one thats made you feel you have to leave this site then i'm sorry, but that wasnt my intention. This is possibly the first thread on here that i've ever come across in an aggressive manner.

Oh and mods, where the feck are you? how come i've not been censored yet? get out yer golfs and yer scoobies! :blackeye:

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
    Oh and mods, where the feck are you? how come i've not been censored yet? get out yer golfs and yer scoobies! :blackeye:
    Several of your posts in recent days have been moderated, in this and other threads, it's just that you haven't noticed. I've resisted a more heavy handed approach as I always hope that people are sensible enough to know what is and what is not acceptable. If you think someone is a numpty, ignore them. Flaming doesn't do anyone any favours. I notice that someone has deleted the majority of their previous posts, guilty conscience perhaps.:question: However they are stilll available in the backups!

minidriver#1
    sorry for giving you extra work :'(

GAJ
    It was a pleasure!