is it a mouse or another bloomin' squeak???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Julz
    Okay, has anyone else had problems with a squeaky centre console?? No matter which bit I thump, wallop or swear at, it still bloomin squeaks!! (stereo at loud volumes still doesn't help cause I know it's there!) I've had this problem since new and the car has been to JC's about it, they say they've re-padded bits and pieces, but the paint on the bolts wasn't even sctratched!!
    ALSO, as with a few others, my silly wee white reflectors in my doors rattle, WHY??:mad:
    Can we start a poll on which bits of the mini peaople have had problems with, just to find the most common:question:

Resident old yin.
    Are you positive it's the centre console and not the dash? Mine creaked/squeaked but the dealer had 2 goes at fixing it and never a sound in 9 months. Think they took the top off and lined it with felt.

As to you reflectors, it's not them but the clips holding the door on. Check this thread
    http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29250&highlight=door+ra ttle

Mine buzzed like mad and the dealer had 2 goes at fixing them. I have now fixed it and it's really easy to do. My drivers door I fixed first time but the passenger door took me 3 attempts, each time adding extra bits of Velcro Tape.

Good luck.

Julz
    It's definately the centre console, I used to be able to push my left knee against it to shut it up, but now it just moves and squeaks somewhere else!! I think a mouse has moved in!!:evil:

Wul
    Mines has slight symptoms similar to yours Julz - pushing my leg against the silver downtube used to work - it has since changed to only happening when turning left!? work that one out - it isn't annoying me enough yet to let the dealer loose on it though as i'm scared they will disturb more rattles than they will fix!

Even more annoying though is when the handbrake button vibrates off it's surround - that noise is driving me nuts!

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul
    Even more annoying though is when the handbrake button vibrates off it's surround - that noise is driving me nuts!
    I might have that one and I'll be looking out for it on the way home. I've had an annoying wee rattle now and then that I had thought was the seatbelt clips.

If you touch the button does it go away?

Wul
    Yup! it goes away as soon as you touch the button Ken!

So annoying as i reckon there isn't really a solution to it! unless it loosens off as the pads wear effectively meaning there is no tention pulling on the button when the brake is fully released thus allowing it to rattle!

if you could expose the button fully a wee drop of ptfe tape or similar should sort the problem without fouling the action of the button!

Resident old yin.
    The plastic end bit pulls off the hadle OK, don't know if that helps get to it.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    The mind boggles about how you found that out Ken. What do you have stashed in your handbrake button?

Resident old yin.

I know because I removed the plastic bits to fit my MINI brushed metal grip

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Honest your honour...