Gearknob problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sponsor & Jakey
    Very nice indeed Ken
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Woz
    Arrgh, now my knob has broken. The top came off in Moorf’s hand.

errm, let me start again. The little plastic bit in the centre of the gear knob broke and fell off while Moorf was driving and now the gear knob is just spinning around as there is nothing to lock it in to place.

Looks like a design flaw to me if the one-day Scottish summer is enough to break it. Waiting to hear from servicing to see if I can get a new one under warranty

GAJ
    I got mine fixed under warranty without any problems. I had the handbrake boot replaced too. My dealer couldn't have been better about it. I was well chuffed!

macblob
    Thats cause ur going to have to give them 300 quid to get your baby fixed up Gaj, otherwise they would have been there un helpful selves no doubt.

Having said that i drove about 300 miles mostly on the twisties this weekend and my seat still isnt squeaking so thats a bonus

Maybe Dunedin really are getting there act together

Heres hoping

GAJ
    When I went in the people I dealt with were unaware of the wee bump I had. In fact when the guy brought the car back round the front he asked me if I was aware of the damage to the rear bumper. I thought about trying to wind him up and saying it wasn't damaged when he drove it round the corner but I wasn't feeling at my wittiest at that time on Saturday morning. Too much swally on Friday!

Woz
    Yay, my new knob is coming....

err, BMW parts have ordered me a new one under warranty. :)