Help with ECU re-map

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yeah sounds about right Gerry - he will also produce small differences in the map free of charge for you so you can try them and pick which feels best for you and your style of driving.

cpedro58
    Not very happy with MTH because there has never been any info re the drawbacks of installing this upgrade - I can't get the stupid grin off my face every time I put my foot down!Pipercross induction kit doesn't help as my siver dream machine growls:evil: all the time now!

glad you like it - should try it in an S with a 17% Pulley

mgemie
    I've got my OBD cable so now i need the software & keycode etc.. - do i get presented with a software download link when i register on the MTH site? At what point do i make payment to Franz and receive all necessary codes etc..?

Register as a USER on the MTH site, and then once you have received a code back you can log into the user area of the site.

Once here you can purchase the car tune software and a key code.

mgemie
    thanks for info MS - what is involved after this point? Is it now just a case of downloading the ECU map and sending it to Franz for customisation? Is it true that once you've downloaded your ecu map you can't drive until Franz gets back to you with the mod'd map?

You can read about the procedure here, its straightforward.

And no , thats rubbish, you can drive the car while you are waiting from the info back from Franz.

If it was my post about trying to get the maps turned round in a day that made you think that then the only reason I was trying to do that was that some members were looking to drive a considerable distance to Aberdeen, so was trying to get everything sorted in one trip.

mgemie
    Has there been many ONE's with MTH re-maps? I know Franz originally did the re-mapping for his cooper and was wondering if MTH re-map for my ONE would remove the restrictors & stumble effect etc? Whats the supposed increase for a 90bhp ONE?

Yes lots of people have MTH'd ones. It will bring the bhp up inline with the Cooper, but as a certain member of this site will tell you a chipped One is faster than a Cooper due to the gearing.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Hey Martin Need to hook up with you at the Arbroath Airshow to have a wee chat about this. I'll get Ross to bring his laptop if you bring your cable :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'