Help with ECU re-map

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    There you go cpedro - you have two offers of help now - we are a friendly bunch arent we If Gerry is nearer to you then I am sure he will help you out or I am still willing to put my cable in the post to you in the next week or so as I have a couple of cars to do first.

cpedro58
    Thanks guys.
    I'll drop you an email.
    :)

Cpedro - here is a good step by step guide to the MTH process

MTH Guide

cpedro58
    Thanks Martin. Does'nt seem such a daunting prospect now.
    I hope tp meet up with Moonshine later this week and he will lend me his cable, so hopefully will be up and running shortly!

Cool, any problems let either of us know and we will do our best to help you out. If you want my mobile number drop me an email.

mgemie
    like many others i started looking at the OneClick option but now with hearing about the MTH method i'm changing my mind.... where can i buy the mth hardware?

i'm a dumfries mini owner as well...cpedro58 - you manage to undertake the MTH without any probs?

Ok you get the software component from MTH. You can buy the cable from Sacha at OBD Interfaces. They do a usb version or a serial port version. If your laptop does not have Com ports definitely buy the USB version - DO NOT try to use a "cheap" USB to Serial interface with the serial cable - YOU WILL FAIL!

You can read about the procedure here

I have been running the MTH software for a good while now and am still really happy with it. I have had several free updates from Franz - the latest of which is for a 17% smaller pulley and some other mods, this new map will be installed once the hardware is in place

mgemie
    how specific do you have to be when telling franz your mini's mods? I'm due to fit a new exhuast - will i have to specific technical info?

Moonshine
    i think all you need to let him know is cat back / hi flow cat / race header - brand is unimportant AFAIK
    gerry