Help with ECU re-map

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    mgemie
    When uploading all i basically do is 1) load the .mth file 2) Enter my keycode into the blue box and then 3) click the upload button....is that it?

mgemie
    I use the Tesco unleaded which i think is still 99-octane - should i upload the 91 or 93 octane MTH map? Does it make that much of a difference?

mgemie
    Have just finished uploading the new Franz'd MTH map to my ONE. While 5th gear seems more responsive under acceleration and all gears feel smoother throughout, i feel that my 2nd gear has lost some of its 'agressiveness' that it had before... I'm going to give it a while to see what i think in the long run... I dont regret the remap but 2nd gear used to put a smile on my face with the pull it gave under hard acceleration.. maybe its just my imagination that its lessened.

I used the 93-octane map, would it make much difference if i switched to the 91-octane map? I think my tank currently has Tesco's famed 99-octane unleaded but not sure.

I dont think you can get the tesco 99 in Scotland just now (I might be wrong though, and I am sure someone will tell me if I am LOL). Run the 93 map and use Shell Optimax or BP Ultimate. Drive the car as hard as you can for between 200 and 500 miles to let the map relearn your driving style.

You could also try an ECU Reset, I usually do this after a download

With the key in the off position press and hold the speedo reset button, turn the key to position one and the screen will say test and a number.

Go through the list by pressing the reset button upto test 19 and then wait.

The display should then say"log i-off" then "log i-on" over and over again....when "log i-off" appears again press the reset button ....and now you are in the system software (welcome to the Matrix .

Scroll upto 21.0 Software reset.

When reset appears press the button again and u will get a beep and your speedo needle may vibrate a little (this is normal).

Turn ignition off then back on to position 2 for 10 secs then start your car and hey presto its done.

You will still need to drive the car hard for 200 to 500 miles to get the full benefit.

mgemie
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
    drive the car hard for 200 to 500 miles
    not a problem chief lol!

I give the ECU reset a go - cheers for info M.S.

btw does the ECU reset wipe the mod'd map?

No the map stays there but all the accumulated data about driving style etc is cleared

mgemie
    so, when i upload the new MTH map i should reset the ECU so it can learn my driving style from fresh..?

you dont have to - but I tend to, just to clear everything down

mgemie
    just had my blueflame CS exhuast fitted (see my other posts lol) so i've send my ECU map to Franz for an update. Fingers crossed i'll get new map back in couple of days.