Help with ECU re-map

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    cpedro58
    I have decided to upgrade my one with the MTH re map but I really need help as I am worse than useless with anything to do with laptops etc.
    is there anyone out there who has done this and could show me first hand?
    I have registered with Franz but am not confident enough to carry out the download!
    usual rates apply!:I

I have a cable which I would happily lend you - but I am based in Aberdeen. If you ever up here I would happily do it.

Moonshine has one as well and may be nearer to you.

It isnt that difficult - but I can understand why you might be nervous

cpedro58
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    i live in Dumfries but am on holiday next week and don't mind travelling (even to A/deen!) as I am really keen to get this done before she who must be obeyed takes my pocket money back!
    The journey back would let me test it anyway

The problem is it is a two stage process, you need to download the map and email it to Franz with a spec of the car. He then returns a modified file to you - but this can take anything between hours and a week.

cpedro58
    starting to get the picture - maybe I can find someone a bit closer who could help. In my ignorance I didn't realise that you may have to wait some time for the files to be returned.
    cheers anyway!

Not a problem - will easily post the cables to you if you decide to try it yourself. If you have any other questions just ask. BTW if you go the AMD Oneclick route you have to wait for the map to be returned to you as well, and they charge you everytime you make a further mod, where MTH is free.

cpedro58
    Don't want to go down AMD route etc as they all seem to be a bit of a rip off. MTH seem to give real value for money and almost all feedback seems to be positive, therefore I think I'll give it a try.
    still a bit apprehensive about doing it myself so I may wait and see if an 'expert' can assist.
    I'll let you know how i get on!

No probs, happy to talk you through it and answer any questions you may have. Also when Gerry (moonshine) comes on he might be closer to you.

cpedro58
    After much deliberation, i really want to try this- is the offer of a loan of your cable still open?
    I may also take you up on your offer of 'talking me through it' but I'm sure I'll manage!:)

Moonshine
    As Martin has said, i'm based in Gourock and work in East kilbride. I have a serial cable that will let you download / upload the maps too if this helps. Martins cable is USB.

Gerry