I'm fed up. Should i make a fuss?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lightbody
    You can do the Top Gear Survey now on www.topgear.com already and give em some stick - I have. Interestingly, it gives a completely inappropriate list of "which other cars did u consider" - they're all small cheap. Cars around £14,000 were my alternatives including MX-5s, MR-2s and the like, not Daewoo Matiz!!

lightbody
    Tuesday evening saw BMW/MINI make make me a goodwill gesture which i was happy with and cheered me up.

But THEN, yesterday, with an indicated 29C outside, the airconditioning gave up the ghost! Inspection revealed a pipe had detached and spilled the refrigerant onto the ground.

I called the Customer Services Manager who had been helping me with my complaint letter and list of problems, explained I had to drive to Manchester and back today, and what could he do for me? Nothing was the answer, except book it in to be fixed. So today i did my 500 miles in a steamy MINI and had to explain to my customer why i arrived looking a bit bedraggled!

Going to switch dealers.

lightbody
    Meant to add - despite all that, the MINI performed brilliantly today in some truly atrocious weather (torrential rain, deep water, thunder, lightning and me being in a rush, 90mph/40mpg

macblob
    I filled in that top gear survey .

Gave BMW some stick, made me feel better lol

lightbody
    ... and now they don't have the bits available to fix my aircon, so i have another week to wait, ANOTHER visit to the dealer, another day of hassle... This is despite me telling their customer services manager on the phone EXACTLY what the problem was.

IdLoveANewMini
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

... ANOTHER visit to the dealer, another day of hassle...
    Bit of a newbie here - but seems to me you have every RIGHT to make a fuss.

You've had loads of problems with this car and the dealership seems to be useless. Change dealers by all means, but it's time to get angry. Yes you should make a fuss - a loud one!

just my 2 cents worth

lightbody
    Car went in yesterday to get the aircon fixed (over a week after it failed due to a split pipe). They now have the bits they need.

Or so I thought...

They called to say the condensor (the radiator-type thing at the front) had a hole in it that they'd discovered when pressure-testing it. They said it wasn't a warranty job becayse a stone must have punctured it. Bit of a coincidence that eh? A stone puncturing it, a pipe splitting and all of that just a day and a half after it was in their garage... Hmmm.... Anyway they said they WOULD do it as a warranty job, lucky me!

So, all in all its been in their garage for 3 days because of this and i've had 2 important business trips affected by it. (the whole point of me getting aircon was so i could arrive at customers cool, calm and collected!).

It also got me thinking to the fact that a number of times its been in its taken 2 or even 3 days to get it back. I wish I'd kept better notes. My Rover Minis were never so much trouble!

Grrr.

- R

IdLoveANewMini
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

.....My Rover Minis were never so much trouble!
    ...You sure 'bout that!

LOL

- M