Induction kit - cleaning?

mgemie
    I've had my PK222 almost a year now and just recently i've noticed that it doesnt seem as loud as normal... i seem to remember sometime a while back about induction kits needing cleaning, is this true? If yes, then what's the best way of going about it?

GAJ
    Pipercross sell a cleaning kit which comes with instructions.

How many miles have you done on it - they usually quote something like 20,000 to 30,000 miles between cleans.

mgemie
    i've done prehaps 12,000 miles on it, however, it was on a mates mini before that (not sure of miles). Maybe i should just clean it since it's roar isn't as mighty as it used to be lol!

mgemie
    has anyone else on here had to clean their PK222 (this only applys to those who have once obvisously!! lol)? I have the small bottle of dirt retention stuff - whats the basic how-do of cleaning these things? Wash'n'soak in sink?? lol!!

Bottom of this page - full Pipercross cleaning kit

Moonshine
    i used hot soapy water and nylon brush in the kitchen sink.....

Shhhhh! dont tell ellie!!!
    then resprayed it with oil

Gerry

Wul
    yup - that was gonna be my suggestion too - the inst on the cleaning kit are spray with cleaner, rinse under running water and leave to dry then re-apply the retention stuff - the cleaner will just be a spray de-greaser which soapy water would do too.